We hope you share in our excitement for the great year that is in store at Pacific University. Whether this is your first year at Pacific, or you are well on your way to graduation, we join you in celebrating this achievement and want to see you continue your success throughout your collegiate journey.
As you have likely heard, or have learned through experience, you will be faced with many choices throughout your college and professional career. Your decision-making skills will be challenged in both academic and social settings. Our goal is to help enhance your ability to make healthy choices throughout this time, wherever you are at in your experience.
As part of our efforts to educate and empower individuals to make well-informed decisions and to positively influence our community, the university has partnered with Alcohol-Wise to help in our efforts to provide students with information and to encourage them to reflect on their relationship with alcohol, whether they choose to use alcohol or not.
Alcohol-Wise in an interactive online course that takes approximately one hour to complete, and you may log in to the course as many times as needed to finish. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. You must earn a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit, and course completion is required. It is the University’s expectation that all students complete the Alcohol-Wise program within 30 days. Failure to complete the course will result in a Dean of Student’s HOLD, barring your course registration for next term.
Once you finish Alcohol-Wise, you will receive an e-mail in 30 days reminding you tocomplete the 15-minute follow-up. Finishing this portion will fulfill the Alcohol-Wise course requirement.
To take Alcohol-Wise:
1. Go to the Pacific University homepage and select either “Current Undergraduate” or “Current Graduate or Professional” from the top menu bar.
2. Click on the “myAccount” link in the “Quick Links” menu.
3. Login to myAccount using your PUNet ID and password.
4. Click the “More>>” link in the blue menu at the top of the myAccount page
5. Click on the “Alcohol-Wise” link and select the “Login” button on the bottom of the page.
6. Once you’re logged into the course, click “Start Course.”
7. Complete Alcohol-Wise Part 1, in one or multiple visits.
8. Receive an email reminder 30-days after you finish Part 1 to complete Part 2.
9. Complete Part 2 to receive your Certificate of Completion.
If you have questions regarding this program or how to login please contact 3rd Millennium at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions please contact Laura Siltanen, Campus Wellness Coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at (503)-352-2273.
Will Perkins, Dean of Students
Laura Siltanen, Campus Wellness Coordinator