Job #: 1549
The Coordinator for Experiential Advancement is responsible for coordinating with the Director for Experiential Education (DEE) and others to develop and provide preceptor education in various pharmacy practice settings and for activities commensurate with meeting Standard 20 of ACPE Standards 2016. This position also supports the DEE in planning, implementing, and managing the daily operations that support student experiential education in the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum. Additional responsibilities include facilitating recruitment and retention of preceptors and future students by leveraging existing relationships between the School and practice communities. Significant travel (approximately 30%) in primarily Oregon and Washington is necessary. Additional responsibilities include involvement in professional organizations, scholarly endeavors, service to the University and community, and participation in academic governance. The position is a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor with extended-term track or tenure track.
Essential efforts. Prior experience in these general areas will receive highest consideration:
· Development and implementation of preceptor training curriculum in collaboration with faculty and the Office of Experiential Education. This involves an orientation program for new preceptors, and advanced preceptor development material for experienced preceptors.
· Provide training throughout region, including travel to visit preceptors and networking at professional meetings. Involves travel of approximately 30% in Oregon, Washington, and other areas is necessary.
· Cultivate strong relationships and create and maintain a visible presence between the School of Pharmacy and state/national communities (e.g. APhA, AACP, ASHP, ACCP), and maintain active participation in regional pharmacy associations (e.g. OSHP, OSPA, NWPEC). Includes regular attendance at state pharmacy conferences and other events.
· Continuous quality improvement, expansion of existing and recruitment of new introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiential preceptors and sites.
· Assess experiential teaching, emphasizing competencies and outcomes, to continually improve student, preceptor, and faculty performance and retention.
· Collect and review experiential program assessment data; collaborate with appropriate School of Pharmacy committees concerning interpretation to improve performance of all facets of the experiential program.
· Collaborate with the Experiential Team to continuously optimize the quality and delivery of the entire experiential program.
· Develop and deliver curricular content with teaching responsibilities up to 30 hours per year.
· Support daily operations of the experiential program that require coordination of experiential staff, students, preceptors, faculty, and other key stakeholders.
· Management of student and academic issues related to experiential education.
· Support the Office of Experiential Education in areas of practitioner collaboration (e.g., Preceptor Advisory Board).
· Engage in scholarly activities as defined by the University Faculty Handbook.
· Serve on committees in the School, College, and University.
· Complete other activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIORS:
· Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited program, or B.S. Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited program with other doctoral degree. Pharmacy residency, fellowship, or equivalent practice experience is preferred. Eligibility for pharmacist licensure and preceptor licensure in the state of Oregon..
· Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
· Prior experience in education and/or training programs within healthcare environments, including instructional design and delivery is preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of experiential education in pharmacy and pharmacy preceptor experience.
· Demonstrated self-direction, organization, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with educational software preferred (Moodle, E*Value, and Qualtrics).
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment resides in a LEED Gold-certified building. Teaching schedules will be arranged through discussion with the Assistant Dean for Pharmacy Practice to meet the needs of the program.
APPLICATION: Interested applicants for this opportunity should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and names of three references with their telephone numbers, email addresses, and an explanation of the relationship to the applicant. The letter of interest should discuss the applicant’s practice and research interests and experience, professional goals, teaching philosophy, and a reflection on the importance and challenges of experiential education and precepting. Application materials will be screened; candidates for interview will be selected and notified by email. All applicants will receive notification when the position has been filled. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and criminal background check.
Applicants are encouraged to review University, CHP, and SOP policies and practices as outlined in the respective faculty handbooks, with particular attention to the distribution of teaching, research, and service expectations for the extended-term track and tenure track appointments. Copies available upon request.
A competitive recruitment and selection process is being conducted for this job opportunity; if a U.S. worker is not selected pursuant to this process, an application for alien employment certification may be filed on behalf of an alien to fill the job opportunity.
Submit application materials electronically to: Bridget Bradley, PharmD, BCPP, Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy, Pacific University, email@example.com
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
DISCOVER PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
Pacific University is a small but diverse community, where students thrive in a personal academic environment. Tracing its roots back to 1849, when it began as a school for orphans of the Oregon Trail, Pacific has long been devoted to making a difference in people’s lives. Nestled in the valley at the base of the coastal range and Mount Hood, the university is only a half hour to the Portland metro center.
Today, students study in a unique combination of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in the liberal arts and sciences, optometry, education, health professions and business. Pacific University has campuses in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Eugene and Woodburn, Ore., as well as an office in Honolulu. In addition, a variety of Pacific University health and eye clinics throughout the Portland area serve patients and provide students with practical experience.
At Pacific University, students and faculty engage in discovery through close, nurturing relationships that provide extraordinary learning experiences. International study, service learning, internships and co-curricular activities have been integral parts of the education of nearly 25,000 alumni worldwide who share in the Boxer spirit.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military, veteran or Vietnam Era status in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or any other classification protected under state or federal law, or city ordinance. Questions or complaints may be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116, firstname.lastname@example.org.