Moving Expenses

We understand how stressful moving to a new home can be, but Pacific would like to help you make this process as simple as possible.

Moving Companies supported by Pacific

University policy requires that you submit a report of your moving expenses to the Business Office, along with original receipts, within six weeks of arriving on campus.

Payment for personal services or payments to companies not incorporated may not be claimed as moving expenses (IRS regulations require Pacific University to record and report payments to individuals, sole proprietors, and/or partnerships). 

The University will reimburse mileage, for personal vehicles at 57.5 cents per mile. However, a portion of this may be taxable. Gasoline receipts are acceptable for rental vehicles only.

Some or all of this compensation may be taxable compensation as regulated by the IRS.


Claims or reimbursement, contact Nancy Connolly at 503-352-2177

IRS or tax-related items, contact Tedd Livengood at 503-352-2901

Looking for temporary housing, or a home to buy or rent? 

Check out the Pacific University e-Classifieds