Life at Pacific
Amazing people create amazing places. The passion and commitment that the faculty, staff and students have at Pacific University is reflected in the energy and enthusiasm that extends to every aspect of the student experience.
With a outstandingly beautiful main campus located in the heart of Forest Grove, Oregon — Voted “Best College Town in Oregon” by Portland Business Journal — Pacific University offers a powerfully positive environment where inspiration is limitless and your own contributions to creating the experience you want to have are actively urged and championed.
The Pacific Lifestyle
At Pacific, we want you to experience all aspects of college life, not just what you learn inside the classroom. From hula dancing and rock climbing to the lasting friendships you'll make your first night in your residence halls, Pacific makes it easy for you to find your place in a community where something is always happening.
Here are just some of the ways you can get involved on campus, and make Pacific feel like your home away from home:
- Live in residence halls that provide an active environment and modern amenities
- Let Pacific accommodate you with our many Student Services.
- Get involved in civic engagement, student publications, and performance opportunities; take part in our Activities and Clubs, and if you can't find one, we'll work with you to create your own.
- Become a Student Leader on campus with opportunities like Resident Assistants to being a part of Hall Council
- All skill levels are welcome in our Intramurals and Club Sports, and don't forget our newly renovated fitness facility in the Stoller Center Athletic Complex
- Feel safe with Campus Safety on call 24/7
Explore Our Community
The departments of Housing and Residence Life share a joint mission to provide Pacific University students a safe, inclusive, and inviting residential experience that fosters student success, community engagement, and personal growth.
To support this mission, the departments of Housing and Residence Life believe in:
- fostering an inclusive environment for students of all races, nationalities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, socioeconomic circumstances, abilities, ages, political viewpoints, veteran statuses, religious/spiritual, and/or philosophical beliefs;
- providing students with residential communities which are reasonably priced (see a comparison of university housing costs), clean, well-maintained, comfortable, attractive, sustainable, and secure;
- offering students a wide range of quality opportunities to learn and grow holistically, in alignment with the University mission of inspiring students to think, care, create, and pursue justice in our world; and
- encouraging students to develop social and civic responsibility to support them in becoming future leaders and sound citizens.