Hall Governments

Hall Government represent the students residing in the residence hall and are overseen by Residence Housing Association (RHA). Students living in the residence halls have the opportunity to become part of Hall Government, either through a formal position, or by being a member at large. In 2014, RHA is implementing a new Hall Government system based on student input. This new system involves having two Hall Governments, one for the Northside of campus (Gilbert, Vandervelden and Burlingham), and one for the Southside of campus (Walter, Clark, McCormick, and Cascade.) Each Hall Government will provide social opportunities for residents and help voice student desires and concerns.

The Hall Governments have a variety of formal leadership positions. Information regarding how to become involved will be distributed early each semester.

Hall Governments elicit ideas and feedback from residents living on campus through meetings called "General Assembly." These meetings are held on a regular basis and are open to everyone in the halls; you are encouraged to attend whether or not you hold an official position on your Hall Government.

Apply To Be On Hall Government For 2017-2018

We are currently accepting applications for 2017-2018 Hall Governments. There is a Northside Hall Government that serves Burlingham, Gilbert and Vandervelden Halls, and a Southside Hall Government that serves Cascade, Clark, McCormick and Walter Halls. Please review the 2017-2018 Hall Government Info Packet for detailed descriptions of positions and responsibilities.


To apply:

  • Complete the 2017-2018 Hall Government Application by April 16th at 5pm
  • After your application is submitted you will be contacted to set up an individual interview date during the 18th-21st
  • Applicants will be notified of their selection status no later than April 26th

  • Candidates who accept positions are required to come back to campus a week prior to school starting


***These are the correct dates for the deadlines. Please ignore the dates in the info packet and the application.


Popular Links

Hall Government Constitution 

Contact your Hall Government, RHA@pacificu.edu, or a Residence Life staff member for more information on being involved in your hall.