Isaac Gilman, MLIS
Isaac leads the Libraries' faculty and staff in delivering resources and services to students and faculty across all of Pacific's programs and campuses.
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2020). Academic library services for first-generation students. ABC-CLIO/Libraries Unlimited.
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2020) First principles: Designing services for first-generation students. College & Research Libraries, 80(7).
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2017). Innovating for impact: The next evolution of library consortia. Collaborative Librarianship, 9(4).
Gilman, I. (2016) Responsibilities and rights: Balancing the institutional imperative for open access with authors’ self-determination. In Callicott, B. B., Scherer, D., & Wesolek, A. J (Eds). Making institutional repositories work. Purdue University Press.
Gilman, I. (2015). Adjunct no more: Promoting scholarly publishing as a core service of academic libraries. Against the Grain, 26(6) (Dec 2014/Jan 2015), 30-34.
Gilman, I. (2013). Library scholarly communication programs: Legal and ethical considerations. Chandos Publishing.
Gilman, I. (2013). Scholarly communication for credit: Integrating publishing education into undergraduate curriculum. In Davis-Kahl, S., & Hensley, M. K. Common ground at the nexus of information literacy and scholarly communication. Association of College and Research Libraries.
Gilman, I., Kunkel, M. (2010). “From Passive to Pervasive: Changing Perceptions of the Library’s Role through Intra-Campus Partnerships.” Collaborative Librarianship 2(1).
Select Professional Service
Association of College & Research Libraries
- Member, Research and Scholarly Environment Committee, 2018 to 2021
Library Publishing Coalition
- Member, Board, 2014-2016
- Member, Research Committee, 2013-2016
Orbis Cascade Alliance
- Chair-Elect/Chair, Board of Directors, 2019-2021
- Member, Council, 2016 to present
- Member, Strategic Planning Project Group, 2017-2018
- Chair-Elect/Chair, Content Creation & Dissemination Team, 2015-2017
- Chair, Digital Content Joint Working Group, 2015-2016
- Member, Digital Services Team, 2011-2013
Oregon Library Association
- President-Elect/President/Past President, ACRL-Oregon, 2012-2015
- Co-Chair, OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee, 2009-2012