Isaac Gilman, PhD, MLIS
Isaac leads the Libraries' faculty and staff in delivering resources and services to students and faculty across all of Pacific's programs and campuses.
Gilman, I. (2023). Denaturalizing whiteness in faculty evaluation: A critical discourse analysis of university promotion and tenure standards. [Doctoral dissertation, Pacific University].
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2020). Academic library services for first-generation students. ABC-CLIO/Libraries Unlimited.
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2020) First principles: Designing services for first-generation students. College & Research Libraries, 80(7).
Arch, X., & Gilman, I. (2017). Innovating for impact: The next evolution of library consortia. Collaborative Librarianship, 9(4).
Gilman, I. (2016) Responsibilities and rights: Balancing the institutional imperative for open access with authors’ self-determination. In Callicott, B. B., Scherer, D., & Wesolek, A. J (Eds). Making institutional repositories work. Purdue University Press.
Gilman, I. (2015). Adjunct no more: Promoting scholarly publishing as a core service of academic libraries. Against the Grain, 26(6) (Dec 2014/Jan 2015), 30-34.
Gilman, I. (2013). Library scholarly communication programs: Legal and ethical considerations. Chandos Publishing.
Gilman, I. (2013). Scholarly communication for credit: Integrating publishing education into undergraduate curriculum. In Davis-Kahl, S., & Hensley, M. K. Common ground at the nexus of information literacy and scholarly communication. Association of College and Research Libraries.
Gilman, I., Kunkel, M. (2010). “From Passive to Pervasive: Changing Perceptions of the Library’s Role through Intra-Campus Partnerships.” Collaborative Librarianship 2(1).
Select Professional Service
Association of College & Research Libraries
- Member, Research and Scholarly Environment Committee, 2018 to 2021
Library Publishing Coalition
- Member, Board, 2014-2016
- Member, Research Committee, 2013-2016
Orbis Cascade Alliance
- Chair-Elect/Chair, Board of Directors, 2019-2021
- Member, Council, 2016 to present
- Member, Strategic Planning Project Group, 2017-2018
- Chair-Elect/Chair, Content Creation & Dissemination Team, 2015-2017
- Chair, Digital Content Joint Working Group, 2015-2016
- Member, Digital Services Team, 2011-2013
Oregon Library Association
- President-Elect/President/Past President, ACRL-Oregon, 2012-2015
- Co-Chair, OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee, 2009-2012