Web Editor Training Tutorial Page
This is an example of a basic webpage. It has a banner image, title, summary, and body content with an image.
This webpage is used to help train Pacific University web editors on how to create and edit pages on the pacificu.edu website.
Putting Content on a Page
- Add the Title
- Add a brief (150 word) synopsis of the page content in the Summary field
- Paste content as Plain Text into the document or write new content
- Use the built-in body editor to format your content
- Format headers
- Format bullets
- Add links
- Adding photos or video? Check the image and video standards first.
In order to maintain a consistent and professional website, the university follows Pacific University Brand Standards and AP style.
Adding Photos within Text
You will need to open the image properties window by clicking the image button, and browse server to find your uploaded images. You can upload more images by clicking the upload button.
Video Tutorial | Placing Photos within the Content Area
Wait! Before closing out of your new page, make sure you:
- Press the "Save" button at the bottom of the page
- Check how your page looks on desktop and mobile
- If it is a new page, please fill out a request to publish content so it can be placed in a menu.
Urgent questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.