2015 Media Violence Fast | #PeaceDay
The Pacific University Center for Peace and Spirituality, in partnership with the United Church of Christ Office of Communication, invites you to fast from media violence from September 15-21, 2015 to honor the International Day of Prayers for Peace, September 21, 2015.
Media Violence Fast Pledge
- I pledge to avoid all violent television programs, movies, and video games from September 15-21, 2015.
- I pledge to dedicate myself to peace during this time.
- I pledge to share my fast with my family and friends and encourage them to participate also.
Did You Know?
- Our children will see an estimated 100,000 acts of violence on television in the next 10 years.
- There is a stronger connection between violence on television and aggressive behavior than the connection between lead exposure and lower IQs in children.
- Children spend more time (6 1/2 hours per day) in front of computer, television and game screens than any other activity except sleeping.
Contact Rev. Dr. Chuck Currie for additional information.