Boxer Giving Day 2022 Raises Big Funds for Scholarships and Program Excellence
The Boxer Community came out strong for Boxer Giving Day 2022, held over the course of 36 hours on March 15-16.
Over 580 Pacific faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends gave more than $134,000 in support of student scholarships, program excellence, research and equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Generous gifts came in from across the country, supporting a wide array of programs and scholarships at Pacific. Some donors also established matches to inspire other to give, including:
- President Lesley Hallick for the Pacific Annual Scholarship Fund
- Trustee Bob ’66 and Betsy Barrett for the College of Business
- Trustee Nancy ’77, MAT ’82 and Emeritus Trustee Paul Phillips ’78 for the College of Business and the College of Education
- Trustee Norm ’63 and Cheryl Scott ’65 for the College of Arts & Sciences
- Former Trustee and Optometry faculty member Cris Schnider OD ’82 and Malcom Patton for the College of Optometry
- Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Ann and Peter Barr-Gillespie for the Office of Scholarship and Sponsored Projects Support Fund
- Vice President of Student Affairs and Chief Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Officer Narce Rodriguez for the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Support Fund
- Vice President of Enrollment Management and College of Arts & Sciences Dean Sarah Phillips and David Friedman for the College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business Dean Jennifer Yruegas ’96 and Michael Hopkins ’96 for the College of Business
- Mike Rushfeldt ’95 for the College of Arts and Sciences
- Wauna Credit Union for the College of Business
With three hours left to go on the second day, we reached our donor goal of 550 donors, unlocking $25,000 for scholarships from Honorary Trustee Ruth Burlingham.
These gifts provide the greatest opportunity for students to achieve a Pacific education, as well as the resources and opportunities that help students think, care, create and pursue justice in the world — allowing them to graduate with the skills they need to be the next gifted leaders in their communities. Together, we are opening doors and enhancing opportunities for Pacific students.
If you missed Boxer Giving Day, it’s not too late. Make a gift today, and impact a student’s life.