Celebrating Pacific Women who Change the World
March is Women's History Month, an annual commemoration which encourages the study, observance and celebration of the vital role of women in American history. Pacific University has the opportunity to meet this call in 2023 with a unique panel of alumnae women hosted in conversation with Dr. Jenny Coyle, our new president.
On March 8th, International Women’s Day, Dr. Coyle’s inauguration programming will take a moment to salute the women change-makers in our own community and highlight the ways in which Pacific students can use the wisdom and energy they already have to chart their own course as change-makers. The panel will take place both online and in person in the Taylor Auditorium on the Forest Grove Campus. Attendees in Taylor Auditorium are invited to join President Coyle for a reception directly following the panel.
The Women Change The World panelists are:
- Denise Aquino '18, MAT '19, Specialist in migrant education
- Lorraine Basch '17, Federal Tribal Legislative Liaison
- Caroline Bastian '04, Economic research scholar
- Leah Dunbar MAT '00, Leader in educational justice
- Bre McGhee OD '16, MEd '16, Optometrist focused on inequality on minority communities
Women’s History Month pays homage to the trailblazers before us while building hope and inspiration for the future. We invite you to join us for a powerful exploration of how Pacific alumnae are showing up as "Women Who Change the World."