Check Out What's Open or Closed On Campus Veterans Day
The Forest Grove and Hillsboro campuses will be a little quieter on Monday, Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day. Pacific University is moving toward making Veterans Day a university-wide holiday. This year is a transition year, in which some offices and programs will be closed while others remain open.
Students and employees are encouraged to participate in community celebrations of Veterans Day.
Classes are scheduled as usual in the College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business, College of Education (except Woodburn Campus), School of Graduate Psychology, School of Physician Assistant Studies, and School of Physical Therapy & Athletic Training.
There are no classes at the Woodburn Campus, as well as in the School of Audiology, School of Dental Hygiene Studies, School of Healthcare Administration & Leadership, School of Occupational Therapy, School of Pharmacy, and College of Optometry. The College of Health Professions administrative offices and the Pacific University Libraries also are closed (the 24-hour study space in Forest Grove is available with BoxerID cards).
Athletics and food service continue as scheduled.
UIS offices (including Healthcare Information Technology, Enterprise Data Systems and Technology Operations) are closed. The UIS Helpdesk in Hillsboro is closed, but phone lines will forward to Forest Grove. The UIS Helpdesk in Forest Grove will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with limited staff.
Additional office closures include:
- Business Office
- Center for Gender Equity (lounge space available to students)
- EMSA VP office
- English Language Institute
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Admissions office
- Hawaii Outreach and Programming
- Housing office
- International Programs office
- Mail Services
- Office of Accommodations and Accessibility
- Office of Equity, Diversity, and inclusion
- Residence Life office
- Student Counseling Center
- Student Health Center
- Student Life office and all activities
- Student Multicultural Center
- Student Activities
- Transfer office (lounge space available to students)
- Undergraduate Admissions office
- University Advancement offices
- Veterans Support (lounge space available to student veterans)