CHP Students, Faculty and Staff Invited to Mindfulness Program
Students, faculty and staff with the College of Health Professions are invited to a free eight-week program incorporating mindfulness-based stress reduction, resilience, and mindful communication techniques geared towards health care professionals and students. The program — Towards a Healing Presence (THP) — is hosted by Yoga Hillsboro and sponsored by the Oregon Healthcare Workforce Institute (OHWI) at Pacific University.
Health profession students, faculty and staff will benefit from the elemental self-care learned and practiced in mindfulness-based trainings. Interested participants need to register for an online orientation session at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22 to learn more about the THP Mindfulness Stress Reduction & Resiliency program. Complete the eight-week class registration before the first session at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30.
- Practicing a healing presence
- Reduce the tendency for burnout
- Colleagues, conflict and teamwork
- Being with suffering while embodying self-care
- Better communications with colleagues and patients
- Exercises that help enhance effectiveness in student and professional life
- Personal engagement with instructor Brant Rogers
- Appreciative inquiry and group dialogue encouragement
- Simple and guided home-practice assignments
- Audio recordings and learning materials
For more information, please contact Chad Johnson with OHWI at email@example.com or instructor Brant Rogers at Brant@yogahillsboro.com.