Civic Action Update: Homecoming, Dilley Carnival & More
MCCE Civic Action Update | Sept. 21, 2023
It sure is starting to feel like fall on campus today! As you pull out your sweaters and scarves, now would be a good time to make a plan for staying social and engaged even as the weather changes. We, of course, recommend finding a volunteering routine so you can continue to learn about our community and feel the surge of endorphins from a job well done.
A few new ways to get involved, through service or contributing your perspective on university concerns, can be found below.
- Oct. 5: NWCCU evaluators will be on campus evaluating how well we deliver on our university mission. This forum is dedicated to student feedback and pizza lunch will be served. More
- Oct. 9: Conversations about Community – Student Well Being and Retention, conversation with President Coyle. More
- Oct. 13 -15: Homecoming is almost here and the Alumni Association could use your help! Volunteer and temporary paid Work Study positions are available. More
- Oct. 21: Forest Grove Lions Run/Walk for Sight & Hearing. 100% of net funds raised are returned to the community for eyeglasses and hearing aids and as scholarships for Pacific Audiology & Optometry students. More
- Ongoing: ALAS is looking for someone who is interested in being an English teacher for a class of migrant workers. It would be once-a-week class, and you can get internship credit and an additional stipend from Pacific. More
- Oct. 7: Habitat for Humanity “Women Build” event. $25 registration covers lunch, t-shirt, tool clinics, all project supplies, and a chance to win a pink hardhat, tools and tool kit! More
- Oct. 7: The Green Heron Fall Fundraiser is looking for volunteers to support an event which benefits Tualatin River Keepers. More
- Oct. 27: The 50th Annual Dilley Carnival and this event is always a hit with Pacific students. Volunteer shifts average 2.5 hours and then you get to enjoy the carnival! More
- Ongoing: Adelante Mujeres is currently seeking individuals interested in assisting with the Farmer’s Market, conveniently located right next to campus. This is a paid volunteer opportunity, and they have a few dates remaining until the Farmer's Market season concludes. More
- Ongoing: TurnUp dedicated to increasing youth civic education, empowerment, and activism and they are currently recruiting for their Civic and Activism Remote Internship. More
See you there?
These are the campus events we have on our calendar:
- Oct. 9: Lakota Nation vs. The Unites States. This provocative, visually stunning film was the Official Selection of the 2022 Tribeca Film Festival and it will play on Pacific's campus for Indigenous Peoples' Day. More
- Oct. 23: QPR Suicide Prevention Training teaches participants to recognize the warning signs, clues, and suicidal communication of people in trouble and gain skills to act and help save a life. More
Until next time,
The Staff and Students of the MCCE
P.S. Want to start receiving these emails? Sign-up here!