Dr. Jeremy Hilliard Co-Teaches Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program
Dr. Jeremy Hilliard recently completed training through the APTA to become an instructor for the Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP). Since December 2020, Dr. Hilliard and Dr. Paul Shew ’81 (faculty at George Fox University) have been co-teaching the Level 1 CCIP virtually on a monthly basis. According to the Clinical Educator Development website, participants in the Level 1 course “explore different aspects of the clinical learning environment and acquire skills and techniques necessary to provide a structured and effective learning environment for students.”
Course objectives include:
- Plan and prepare for physical therapy students during their clinical education experience
- Support continuing education through questioning and effective feedback
- Acquire performance evaluation skills
- Identify and manage students with exceptional situations
- Recognize legal implications for clinical educators, including issues presented by ADA legislation.
In addition to providing useful knowledge for current and aspiring clinical instructors, completion of the Level 1 CCIP enables credentialed instructors to receive up to eight continuing competence credit hours per two-year licensure period in Oregon.
View a CCIP Level 1 course.
Over 68,000 health care workers have been credentialed since 1996.
To become a clinical partner, please contact Associate Director of Clinical Education, Dr. Brian Wilkinson at email@example.com.