Gabelnick Grants Now Available
In the spring of 2003, the Board of Trustees established the Faith Gabelnick Endowed Fund for Community Service to recognize Dr. Gabelnick’s significant contributions during her eight years as president.
The Faith Gabelnick Endowed Fund provides a permanent resource of support of university programs or projects designed specifically to engage students and faculty in the pursuit of community service and altruism. The grants are available for budget relief or to enhance the effectiveness of programs or projects already in place. Examples of projects could include:
- Placing students in public service throughout the region and beyond.
- Research, education opportunities, travel or guest speakers related to community service.
- Events to help develop moral consciousness and awareness.
- Paid internships in city and county government offices, business, industry, schools or non-profits.
- Presentations, events or projects on campus that address topics such as literacy, diversity, economic development, voter registration, volunteerism, charitable giving.
Grant amounts up to $1,000 are available during the 2017-2018 fiscal year and must be used prior to June 30, 2018. We encourage projects to incorporate opportunities for student participation/learning under faculty or staff guidance.
To apply for a grant, please complete this template to describe your project, and send it via reply to this email or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for responses is Tuesday, April 25. The recipients of the grants will be announced in mid-May.