Identify Lockdown Protocol and Be Prepared
Due to the pandemic and social distancing requirements, Facilities Management and Campus Public Safety will not conduct annual lockdown drills at its campuses this spring. However, Pacific University encourages students, faculty and staff to be prepared in the event of an emergency situation that leads to a lockdown — anywhere, anytime.
In the event of an imminent threat, such as an active shooter, the best strategies are to be prepared to run, hide or fight. The university's lockdown procedures focus on practicing the hiding strategy.
What to Do:
- Find a secure room to hide.
- Lock or barricade the door.
- Turn off the lights and draw the shades or blinds.
- Silence your cell phone or other devices that may attract attention.
- Get out of sight. Make sure you are not visible from the window.
- Be quiet.
- Spread out if there are multiple people in the room.
- Call or text 911.
- Stay in place in until law enforcement or administrators give an all clear.
In the event of an emergency on campus, students, faculty and staff would be notified through Boxer Alerts. Please review your contact information and make sure it is up to date.