A Note on Weekend Operations, Sept. 11-13
Dear Pacific University community:
Due to continued air quality concerns related to wildfires in the region, Pacific University will employ modified operations over the weekend. In addition, we will continue to monitor air quality and wildfire conditions. Expect an update on the Monday schedule on Sunday afternoon.
First and foremost, we ask that each member of our community take their health and safety into primary consideration. If you have health conditions that prevent you from being able to attend scheduled activities, please work directly with your department or program. Likewise, if you are under evacuation orders, please make that a priority, and be aware of resources at the university to assist you:
- Housing and shelter resources
- Discounted hotels
- For employees seeking shelter, contact Human Resources at 503-734-4412
- Students in need of short-term emergency housing due to Level 3 evacuation orders should call 503-422-2286 for assistance.
For the Forest Grove Campus, these facilities will operate as following over the weekend:
- All residence halls will be open.
- University Center will be open, with normal hours for food service and normal access to space for studying.
- Scott Hall will be open to students with card access from 7 a.m. to midnight.
- Tran Library will have modified hours from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and the 24-hour study space will be available via Boxer Card access as usual.
In addition, any in-person classes, exams or labs, and the medical screening of student athletes will take place as scheduled Friday evening and over the weekend in Forest Grove.
For the Hillsboro Campus, the plans for the following facilities are:
- Student lounge and extended study spaces will be available via Boxer Card access as usual.
- Creighton Hall and HC 2 will be open with normal hours of operation.
- Any in-person clinics will remain closed through Sunday, except for telehealth visits.
In addition, any in-person classes, exams or labs will take place as scheduled this weekend in Hillsboro.
On the Eugene Campus, the School of Learning and Teaching programming continues to be fully online, and staff and faculty should follow LCC protocols for campus access. The MSW program will have no in-person activities over the weekend.
The Woodburn Campus is closed as usual over the weekend.
Students may contact the Student Counseling Center at 503-352-2191 or email@example.com. The SCC 24/7 Support and Crisis Line also is available at 503-352-2999. If you have non-urgent concerns about a student, you can let us know to reach out to them by notifying the CARE Team. You can also submit your own concerns if you would like someone to reach out to you.
Employees may contact the Employee Assistance Program through Cascade Centers online or at 800-433-2320.
Be safe and be well,