Pacific Recognizes Exceptional Faculty and Staff at 2022 Awards Ceremony
Pacific University celebrated its first in person Faculty and Staff Honors and Awards Ceremony since 2019 with accolades and much fanfare.
The ceremony, held on May 11 in McCready Hall, is an annual tradition that honors outstanding employees for teaching, service, and student support, as well as community members for their support of Pacific.
President Lesley Hallick kicked off the ceremony thanking faculty and staff for going above and beyond the last two years in countless ways, but especially for organizing COVID-19 vaccination clinics and keeping the university open for its students through online and hybrid formats during the pandemic.
“I have been so proud to be a part of this Boxer community for the past 13 years and to call each of you a colleague,” said Dr. Hallick.
“Thank you for all you do to support Pacific University and our students and to keep the Boxer Spirit alive and thriving.”
Awards recognized excellence in teaching, service and scholarship, for outstanding service to the university, and for work to advance diversity and inclusion. Read more about each of the awardees:
- Lorne Yudcovitch OD’96, MS ’97, College of Optometry | Distinguished University Professor
- Alyson Burns-Glover, Psychology Professor| President’s Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Robbie Pock MFA ’10, Instructional Designer, Center for Educational Technology and Curricular Innovation | Provost's Junior Faculty Award for Teaching
- Michael Espiritu, Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy | Provost’s Junior Faculty Award for Scholarship
- Paul Snell, Assistant professor, Politics and Government | Provost’s Junior Faculty Award for Service
- Helen Sharp, Director, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders| Kate Garrison “Overcoming the Odds” Award
- Cindy Schuppert, Director of Facilities Management & Campus Public Safety | Outstanding Leadership Award
- Lindsey Blem, Associate Dean of Students, Student Affairs | Splendid Audacity Award
- Maria Muñoz, Clinical Outreach Coordinator, Optometry | Boxer Spirit Award
- Brian King, Technology Helpdesk Manager, University Information Services | Outstanding Contribution to the University
Pacific also said goodbye to 17 retirees and wished them well on their next adventures.
- Sue Weinbender, Executive Assistant, President’s Office | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Kathy Cooper, Coordinator, Student Health Center | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Joyce Gabriel, Creative Director, Office of Marketing & Communications | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Steve Prag, Director, International Programs | Creighton Honored Retiree
- JoLynn Graham, Assistant Registrar | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Lisa Sardinia, Biology, School of Natural Sciences | Emeritus Professor
- Jeff Seward, Politics & Government, School of Social Sciences | Emeritus Professor
- Kevin Chui, Director, School of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training | Emeritus Professor
- Donna Phillips, School of Learning and Teaching | Emeritus Professor
- Marcie Brown, Manager of Administrative Services, College of Optometry | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Bernie Phillips, Manager, Assistant Accounts Receivable, Business Office, |Creighton Honored Retiree
- Deni Cadd, Executive Assistant, Development & Campaign and to the VP of University Advancement | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Fred Schrader, Facilities Engineer | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Jorene “Jo” Paulson, Optician, EyeClinic | Creighton Honored Retiree
- Steve Park, School of Occupational Therapy | Emeritus Professor
- Terry O’Day, School of Arts & Humanities | Emeritus Professor
- Dr. Lesley Hallick, President, Pacific University | President Emeritus
The Faculty and Honors Awards Ceremony also recognized employees for anniversaries ranging from five to 30 years.