Review Tips for Using Mail Services
Pacific University has had a spate of packages being delayed at the post office recently, so here are some tips to make sure that your delivery gets to you right away.
Be sure that your address follows the USPS format:
- Your Name
- Your UC Number
- Pacific University
- 2043 College Way
- Forest Grove, OR 97116
If you're entering the information online, there are a few ways that you can enter your information:
- Put your name in the name fields and 'Pacific University' in the Company field; or if there's only one field, consider entering it as 'Your Name C/O Pacific University'
- Most online mail forms have space for Address and Address 2. Put '2043 College Way' in the Address field and your UC Number in the Address 2 field.
- If there's only one line, you can combine them in a pinch and enter '2043 College Way UC#XXXX'
- The Address 2 might sometimes be called 'Apartment, suite, etc' or it might just be a blank second line beneath the first.
- Make sure that you put your first and last name on orders.
- We've received a few things that only have a first name on them, and if the address label doesn't have your UC number in those cases, we'll generally just hold onto things until someone comes asking for them.
- We're a big enough college that there will be multiple people with your name, so make sure that we can tell you apart!
- Are you sending something intercampus? Then you can just put the Name and UC Number on it, and no need for postage. We can't give out other students UC Numbers, but we can deliver things between students or faculty as long as we know how to direct it.
Do you have other questions about how Mail Services works and what we can do? Feel free to email us at MailServices@pacificu.edu or drop by to ask us.