Sydney Neumann '22 Elected Vice President of APTA Student Assembly Board of Directors
Please join the Physical Therapy Program in congratulating Sydney Neumann '22, who was recently elected as the vice president of the American Physical Therapy Association's Student Assembly Board of Directors. Sydney was selected by the student nominating committee and slated as a candidate earlier in the year. In the beginning of November, all nominees shared their candidate statements at the National Student Conclave and had the opportunity to meet physical therapy students from across the country. Physical therapy students cast their ballots and chose Sydney from a highly competitive field to serve as their vice president. The one-year term for all newly elected board members started at the end of November of 2020.
As the Vice President, Sydney will have many roles and responsibilities, including:
- Foster growth and development of the APTA Student Assembly
- Oversee all activities and communication of the APTA Core Ambassador Program
- Represent the Student Assembly at national meetings
- Collaborate with the other board members to actively engage students in leadership and involvement in the association
- Attend and participate in all board meetings and events, including orientation, board meetings, conference calls, task force and project committees meetings
In additional to her national service to the APTA, Sydney will continue to serve the APTA – Oregon as its Core Ambassador and representative to the Student Leadership Committee from Pacific University.
“I am honored to have been selected to represent students in the APTA at the national level and I am excited to work with all of the other board members and Core Ambassadors to positively impact our profession this year,” said Neumann.
Sydney Neumann '22