Take the Census and Shape the Future
The 2020 Census — a regular count of every person living in the United States— is happening now. It takes less than 10 minutes and can be completed online, by phone, or by mail. Census data impacts funding for critical student programs like school safety, mental health services, student wellness programs, Federal Pell Grants, Medicaid, and more.
Filling out the census online reduces the number of in-person surveys the Census Bureau needs to conduct. Complete it today to keep yourself and census workers safe and healthy.
Here are some tips to help you complete the census:
- You should only submit one living address.
- Many of you have moved temporarily due to COVID-19. When you record your address for the census, submit the location where you would have been living as of April 1. In other words, submit where you would have been living to attend or work at Pacific under normal circumstances.
- Only one person per household needs to submit the census.
- If you are/were living on-campus, your RA will contact you to help you complete the census. You do not need to complete it on your own. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
- If you submit an off-campus location as your address, remember that only one member of the household is required to complete the census. Be sure to communicate with your roommates to decide who will submit it.