University Honors Faculty and Staff at Annual Awards Ceremony
Pacific University honored exemplary faculty members, staff and community partners at its annual Faculty and Staff Awards Ceremony held on May 6 in McCready Hall.
President Lesley Hallick expressed admiration and appreciation to those in attendance.
"You play a critical role in our students’ success through your day-to-day responsibilities and in the many ways you go above and beyond," she said. "Thank you for all that you do for the Pacific community. It is an honor to work with you and to celebrate you this afternoon."
A number of retiring employees were recognized, as were those celebrating a five-year anniversary, including four who surpassed 30 years of service at Pacific University and eight more who eclipsed the 25-year mark.
A moment of silence was held for another member of the 25-year club, English professor Lorelle Browning, who joined the faculty in 1990 and passed away unexpectedly on April 26.
Physics professor Juliet Brosing received the Distinguished University Professor Award, recognizing outstanding performance by a Pacific University faculty member over an entire career. The honor is not bestowed annually, but to faculty who have demonstrated an unsurpassed commitment to the university, dedication to student learning and distinguished scholarship. She was named the 2012 Oregon Professor of the Year.
Other honorees include:
- Pete Erschen (Student Activities) - Dedication to Students Award
- Bridget Cooke (Adelante Mujeres) - Community Service Award
- Lindsey Blem (Residence Life) - Splendid Audacity Award
- Jon-Erik Larsen (Graduate Admissions) - University Service Award
- Cindy Schuppert (Facilities Management) - Outstanding Leadership Award
- Beth Ross (Pharmacy) - Boxer Spirit Award
- Jules Boykoff (Politics & Government) and Jamie Haag (Economics) - Story-Dondero Award for the Study of Politics & the Economy
- ￼￼￼Krishnan Ramaya (Business) - Story-Dondero Award for the College of Business
- Joel Gohdes (Chemistry) - Thomas J. and Joyce Holce Professorship in Science
- Dijana Ihas (Music), Kerry Mandulak (Communication Sciences & Disorders), Brendan Stamper (Pharmacy) - Junior Faculty Award
- Ramona Ilea (Philosophy) - President's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Jessica Ritter (Social Work) - President's Award for Excellence in Professional Education
- ￼Nancy Neudauer (Mathematics & Computer Science) - Faculty Achievement Award
- ￼Christine Olivos Ferris (EyeClinic Hillsboro) - Outstanding Contribution to the University Award