Students & Alumni | Career
Our mission is to collaborate with fellow educators and community members to provide a transformative blend of liberal arts, experiential, and career education that is so well integrated, empowering, and responsive to student needs that it emboldens them to pursue pathways to personal, professional, and community engagement that might otherwise have remained hidden or unattainable. Our promise to students who join us in this effort is that they will launch meaningful careers before they graduate.
All students are assigned a career advisor upon entering Pacific University. Students can schedule their individual career advising session using the online form for assistance with:
- Exploring industries, occupations, and employers
- Assessing interests, values, and skills related to academic and career interests
- Obtaining Work-Study jobs, internships, part-time work, summer jobs, and full-time career positions
- Researching and applying to graduate programs
- Making informed career decisions
- Preparing for interviews
- Connecting with professionals
- Developing résumés, cover letters, and job application
Gain Work Experience
Part-time jobs, internships, summer employment, full-time positions, volunteer and event opportunities positions are posted at HandShake (pacificu.joinhandshake.com).
Work-Study Jobs and some other on-campus jobs are listed at Pacificu.edu/jobs.
Career Resource Center
Open year around, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Handouts on graduate school, majors, careers, job search, and résumés and cover letters
- Journals, periodicals and reference materials
- PCs, Internet, printer, copier, scanner
- Phone, free faxes
- Résumé paper, free copies of career-related documents