Learning Outcomes | Accounting Major
After Pacific | Our graduates find positions in public and private organizations, government, non-profit organizations, research, advertising and promotion, management and consulting.
Interested in becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)? The accounting major will provide you with enough credits to take the licensing exam.
Student Learning Outcomes
The accounting major is designed to prepare students for successful careers in auditing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and tax; given this goal, successful graduates of the accounting concentration will be able to:
- Explain accounting, tax, and auditing concepts, principles, and rules.
- Apply critical thinking skills by identifying and analyzing an accounting issue using the relevant accounting framework.
- Demonstrate oral communication skills by delivering an organized accounting presentation.
- Demonstrate written communication skills by organizing content and using proper writing mechanics for business reports.
- Identify ethical issues and apply accounting-related codes of conduct when applicable.
- Differentiate between US generally accepted accounting principles and international accounting standards.