How to Apply for the Applied Clinical Psychology Program
Application Timeline for Fall 2024
Our Fall Open Houses scheduled as follows:
Please contact Catherine Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to set up an individual appointment.
Our Fall of 2023 application OPENS on PSYCAS September 7, 2023!
Preferred Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2024
Final Deadline for guaranteed Fall 2023 Review: March 1, 2024
*Rolling Admissions: Our program is based on rolling admissions after the final deadline. See description below.
|Winter 2024 and Spring 2024
Start of Program
Orientation is late August with classes beginning September 2024.
*The admissions process is operated on a rolling admission basis, which means the program reviews and makes admission decisions as complete applications are received and applicants are interviewed. It is beneficial to submit your application on or around our preferred deadline to be guaranteed your application is reviewed for the upcoming fall cohort and be invited to interview day.
Complete applications (to be considered for admission) include the following:
- PSYCAS Application: Fill out the application, following all instructions.
- Official Academic Transcript(s): All transcripts from any institution attended must be sent directly to PSYCAS and not Pacific University.
- LORS sent directly to PSYCAS: Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with the student’s scholarly work and/or relevant work experience.
- Resume/curriculum vita that includes prior experience in research or clinical areas, awards and scholarships.
- Answer to essay questions which conveys the student’s background, interests, goals, and previous experience including why they believe them self a good candidate for our program. Students should detail any relevant interests and why they want to pursue graduate study within the specialty indicated on their application.
- All applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university before matriculation into our program; we do not require a bachelors in psychology as we consider all majors.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on the last 60 undergraduate semester hours of letter-grade work earned before receipt of a bachelor's (plus any previously completed graduate or professional work) is strongly preferred.
- We do not require the GRE.
- The program also requires the 2 following prerequisite courses:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- The following courses are recommended, but not required: Personality, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Experimental / Research Psychology, Physiological Psychology and Social Psychology.
- Applicants may be admitted with prerequisite courses in progress. All prerequisite courses must be completed with grade of "C" or higher and taken on a graded basis unless the course was switched to pass-fail grading by an institution in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic before an admitted student can matriculate into the program.
The Applied Clinical Psychology program is aligned with SGP's mission and desire to achieve full diversity representation in its student body and strongly encourages individuals from underrepresented and underserved populations to apply.
Please contact Catherine Martin with questions at email@example.com