Applications for the Fall 2019 Cohort are now being accepted.
Ideal applicants for the Bachelor of Health Science (BHS) degree should have:
- A minimum of 76 semester or 114 quarter credits that can transfer into the program
- A cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher
- Work or other experience in healthcare or business (full-time work, job shadowing, volunteer experience, etc.)
- Completed the BHS program application along with the submission of official transcripts for all college-level coursework
For a free transcript review and for more information about the application process, contact Emily McDaniel.
General Education Course Requirements
Students admitted to the BHS program must have a minimum of the following courses:
Writing and Communications: 5 semester credits or 8 quarter credits
- English Composition or Writing – Minimum 1 course
- Public Speaking, Writing, English Literature, English Composition, Speech, Communication
Humanities and Arts: 4 semester credits or 6 quarter credits
Any combination of classes in:
- Humanities, Ethics, History, World Languages, Literature, Philosophy, Communications, Computer Science, Art, Music, Theatre, Religion, Gender Studies, Human Geography
Social Sciences: 2 semester credits or 4 quarter credits
Any combination of classes in:
- Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Criminal Justice, Geography, Public Health, History
Science: 2 semester credits or 4 quarter credits
Any 1 course in:
- Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Astronomy, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Life Science, Oceanography
If you have any questions about courses at a certain institution, please contact us. Coursework does not need to be completed to apply to the BHS program. However, to be eligible for admission for a given academic year, you need to be able to show that you can complete all the required coursework in a reasonable amount of time.
Additional Program Requirements
All Pacific University students must submit documentation of having received the following immunizations and titers after being accepted into the Bachelor of Health Science Program, and all required immunizations and titers must be updated as necessary in order to continue enrollment in the program at Pacific University. It is the student's responsibility to complete their vaccinations and provide copies of proof to the Student Health Center. Your course registration will be placed on hold until the Student Health Center has received all of your required immunization and titer information. Students are responsible for all costs associated with vaccination compliance.
For more information on the required immunizations and release forms, please contact the Student Health Center at 503-352-2269.
Criminal Background Check
Information regarding the required Criminal Background Check will be given at or before the BHS Orientation in August. This service is paid for by the student, approximately $120 total.
All College of Health Professions students are required to pass free HealthStream modules about subjects such as:
- Universal Precautions
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- TB Infection Control