Program Admissions | Healthcare Administration
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum 2.75 GPA in undergraduate coursework
- A completed application form, essay, resume, two letters of evaluation, and official transcripts documenting coursework from each college or university attended
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in healthcare management, business administration or a clinical field
- A personal interview. The applicant pool is competitive and will be screened by the program admissions committee which includes faculty, students, and administrators. Initial selection is based on minimum requirements which include depth and breadth of undergraduate preparation, professional work experience, strength of evaluation letters, written and oral communication skills, analytical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others, as assessed during the personal interview.
It is strongly recommended that students complete one semester of undergraduate courses in applied statistics, microeconomics, Excel, and accounting prior to attending the MHA program.
Current knowledge of these courses will prepare students for the rigorous graduate-level curriculum and help ensure student success.
Admission will not be dependent on whether a student has taken these courses, but doing so will ease your transition into the program and demonstrate your commitment to success. Courses taken at a community college are acceptable.