Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
Submitting to the IACUC - IRBNet
Setting up an IRBNet account
- Go to IRBNet.
- Register as a new user using your Pacific email. Be sure to associate with Pacific University. IRBNet does not use your PUNet ID and Pacific password.
- Upload any training or credentials to your User Profile (upper righthand corner).
My Projects lists all of the projects you are listed on as an investigator or collaborator. Create a Project is to create a new project. The Messages and Reminders page is the messaging center for IRBNet - you can view messages with your collaborators and all Committee actions and decisions will appear as a notification here and be sent to you as an email at your Pacific University email.
Steps for New Submissions:
1. Click on "Create New Project" on the left hand side of the page.
2. IRBNet will assign your project a unique IRBNet number. [NOTE: Once you have submitted your project via IRBNet, the IACUC office will also assign an internal IACUC Number.]
3. The Tabs in the blue sidebar are the steps you need to follow.
4. Click on Designer. This is where you will upload all submission materials under "Step 2."
5.Share this Package. For proposals will collaborators or additional members of the research team, all researchers will need to create an IRBNet account (associate with Pacific University IACUC) in order for you to share the project with them in IRBNet.
6.Sign this Package. All investigators must sign the IRBNet package. When revisions are requested in a separate package, only the PI is required to sign, provided they are a faculty member.
7.Submit this Package. Once all signatures have been provided, you will submit this package to the IACUC. In the submitting window, you will need to unclick the box that says Show Default Only. Search for Pacific University and select the IACUC.
8.The Review occurs.
a.The IACUC will process your proposal within two-three business days (ACKNOWLEDGE) and the proposal will be sent to the Chair and the Attending Vet for initial review.
b.Following initial review, your proposal may either be FORWARDED/REFERED TO FULL BOARD or revisions will be required before further review (DEFERRED – INFORMATION REQUIRED).
c.Once the committee has made a decision, possible actions in IRBNet will be DEFERRED-INFORMATION REQUIRED/APPROVED/APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS/DISAPPROVED.
Additional templates and guidelines are underdevelopment as the IACUC starts to use IRBNet. Please email email@example.com with any IRBNet questions.
Meetings and Deadlines
The IACUC meets the last Wednesday of each month. The deadline for submission is the second Friday of the month.