In light of COVID-19, we will be doing things a bit differently prior to the beginning of the year. All students will be required to complete an online orientation, and students attending the Forest Grove Campus in person also will need to complete a drive-through check-in process when they first arrive on campus. Please review the following information for returning Forest Grove undergraduate students and complete this checklist.
We are committed to keeping you and your family safe when you come to campus. Orientation 2020 is designed to minimize the number of people convening at any time.
Just a reminder that masks are required at all times on campus for you and your guests. The evening before your arrival, please fill out the Attestation Form and make sure to take the COVID19 moodle course.
Pacific will begin conducting COVID-19 testing for undergraduate students on the Forest Grove Campus, starting August 23rd.
Before returning to campus, fill out the Quest Diagnostics form with your insurance information. You do not need to provide a copy of your insurance card, but you will need your insurance account number. You will have no out-of-pocket cost for the testing. If you do not have insurance, please let staff know during your check-in. You will still have access to testing at no cost to you.
Testing will take place at the Holce Tennis Courts, at the corner of Cedar Street and University Avenue, behind Cascade Hall. Testing hours during orientation week are from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, August 23rd, and from 1 to 7 p.m. August 24th-30th.
We can't wait to welcome you!
Become part of the Boxer family at Orientation, your introduction to Pacific University and a source of information for students and families.
Fall Orientation 2020
Orientation 2020, which includes Residence Hall move-in, will be from Aug. 15-30. This extended timeframe will allow us to limit the number of people on campus.
All students, including those living off-campus, will check in at a centralized location upon their initial arrival to the Forest Grove Campus.
Keep an eye on your email for newsletters and communications as our plans are subject to change as we adhere to COVID-19 safety requirements and recommendations.
Questions? Contact us.
Arrival to Campus
GETTING TO CENTRALIZED CHECK-IN
- Centralized check-in is located in Lot P across from Parr Lumber and Diversity Cafe on Forest Grove’s Main Street between 21s and 22nd Ave.
- Please see the Campus Map for location https://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/map/map.html
- Upon your arrival look for the entrance sign
- You will be directed by a staff member on where to park.
- Once you have parked, remain in your vehicle (please wear your mask) and we will greet you and give you directions.
- Once you have completed your check-in, you will be directed to leave the parking lot.
- When exiting the parking lot, please take a right on Main St, and then follow the campus map to the parking lot listed for your building. This will be located on the back of your schedule for the day.
AT CENTRALIZED CHECK-IN
You’ll receive all materials you will need for your move-in and the following items, dependent upon whether you are a new or returning student.
Commuter students will be able to run their campus errands and get Covid tested. Dependent upon your personal needs will depend on how long this will take you. All other Orientation materials are in your moodle course.
- What residence hall are you headed to? Here’s a sticky note to place on the inside of your vehicle on your driver’s side window. Please write your name, location (residence hall), and phone number on this so we can contact you if needed. You will have two hours to complete your move-in process, meaning you have two hours to move belongings from your car into your student’s room. After that or once you are done moving in, please remember to move your car and park in a different location.
- Sticky note information: name, residence hall, phone number
- Drop off lots by location
- McCormick and Walter: Lot G
- Cascade: Lot D and E
- Burlingham/ Vandervelden/ Gilbert: Lot K
INSTRUCTIONS TO RESIDENTS FOR MOVE-IN
- After you have completed your Orientation Centralized check-in, you will exit LOT P by taking a right onto Main St and follow the campus map to the parking lot assigned to drop off locations above.
- Once at your residence hall, you will be able to enter your building from the front doors.
- It is important to remember that guests need to be with their student at all times when in the residence hall, and will not be given access by staff
- ID cards may also not be passed from student to guest
- Please remember that face masks must be worn at all times on campus as well as social distancing with a minimum of 6 feet between you and another person outside of your family
- At the end of your 2-hour move-in block, we ask that guests leave the residence hall to make room for cleaning and our next move-in period.
Please see the Orientation Website Schedule for more detailed information about your day.