Pacific Lingo

AC | Area Coordinator, a University Staff member who oversees Resident Assistants from several buildings. You can visit your AC if you have questions about housing, or just want support.

ACAC | Academic and Career Advising Center, offers a full range of career-related services and opportunities for Pacific University students, alumni and partners.

ACE Board | Activities and Cultural Events Board, a student organization that sponsors events such as Open Mic and Lip Sync. They are frequently at other organization’s events as the University DJ’s and tech support.

B-ham |  The affectionate term for Burlingham Hall, one of the on-campus residence halls. 

BLC | Boxer Learning Center, a large classroom located in the Stoller Center. 

Boxer Pause | Multi-media conference room located on the top floor of the University Center. 

CC | Community Coordinatorsare full-time students who are responsible for supporting student assistants, planning activities that encourage involvement and interaction within the residence halls, campus and the surrounding community. Also referred to as Paraprofessionals.

CPS | Campus Public Safetys responsible for overseeing the safety and security of the campus community. They are available 24/7, just dial x2230 from any campus phone, or 503-352-2230 from any other phone.

CASSS | The College of Arts and Sciences Student Senate, the elected undergraduate student body government whose voice is heard throughout the Pacific community.

CGE | Center for Gender Equity, an active student organization best known for their ‘Brown Bag’ series and guest speakers.

CLIC | The Center for Language and International Collaboration, a multi-media, interactive, and collaborative learning center located in Scott Hall, the CLIC reflects the best practices of language and international pedagogy.

FYS | First Year Seminar is a humanities class required for an undergraduate degree.

LEED | Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - sustainable building practices and design lead to recognition for our buildings and university. We currently have seven.

MAC | The affectionate term for McCormick Hall, one of the on-campus residence halls.

NHOH | Na Haumana O Hawai’i or Hawai’i Club, is open to all Pacific University students interested in Island Culture, it is best known for the annual Lu’au.

OAA | Office of Accessibility & Accomodation Services, coordinates educational accommodations for students with any disabilities. Located in Clark Hall.

OTSS | Office of Transfer Student Services.

PAC | The Pacific Athletic Center (Stoller) includes a fieldhouse, gymnasium, weight and fitness center, racquetball courts, saunas, mat room and more.

PIC/Student Life | The Pacific Information Center provides general info on Pacific and the external community activities. They are a great referral resource and also performs multiple functions such as parking permits, sale of movie tickets and bus tickets. Located in Clark Hall

P.O.D | On campus student market located in the top floor of the University Center

PUGS | Pacific University Greek Senate is a group formed by representatives of the active fraternities and sororities at Pacific.

RA | Resident Assistants are full-time students who are responsible for planning activities in your wing of the residence hall. They have also gone through extensive training; thus they are prepared to help you with anything you need. Also referred to as Paraprofessionals.

RHA | Residence Hall Association is a governing body that creates guidelines for the students residing in University residences as well as organizing activities.

SMC | The Student Multicultural Center established as a result of advocacy by students, both current and alumni, is a location of equitability and inclusion for all students who call Pacific University home. Located in Scott Hall.

THD | The Technology Help Desk is located in the lower level of Marsh Hall. The staff there can help you with your computer questions and problems.

The Grove | All you care to eat dining facility located in Washburn Hall.

UC | The University Center is our living room. You will eat your meals here, pick up your mail, study, and socialize in this building. It is also called Washburne Hall.

UC Box | This is how we refer to your mailbox, which is located in the lower level of the UC.  Be sure to check often.

Vanders | Vandervelden Court is the apartment-style housing on campus.