Athletic Training Program Admissions
- A complete program application. Applications will be reviewed from November to April.
- Official transcripts from every institution attended
- Last 45 credits GPA must be 2.75, 3.0 recommended
- Minimum of 50 hours of work, volunteering and/or observation with an ATC
- Two letters of recommendation from:
- a certified athletic trainer (ATC)
- a second recommender who knows you well (ATC, employer, professor, etc.)
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 (U.S.) must be paid at the time you submit your application
- Currently, the Athletic Training Program is unable to accept international students. The program is in the process of submitting the required forms to allow submission of international students, and we encourage you to check back for further information
All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to enrollment with a grade of C or higher. It is possible to apply with one or more prerequisite courses still in-progress. All prerequisites must be completed through a regionally accredited college or university.
Human Anatomy and Physiology with labs (complete series; combined courses or as separate courses)
Exercise Physiology (one course)
Anatomical Kinesiology/Biomechanics (one course)
Nutrition (one course)
General Psychology or Sport Psychology (one course)
General Statistics or Behavioral Statistics or Social Statistics (one course)
For Fall 2020 admission, the following prerequisites will be required in addition to those listed above:
- Biology (one course)
- Physics (one course)
- Chemistry (one course)
Recommended content topics within Physics and Chemistry that will help establish a strong foundation for the material taught in the athletic training program.
7 Year Science/Statistics requirement
All science and Statistics coursework must have been completed within 7 years of the intended year of entry. For applicants applying for the Fall 2019 start term, prerequisite courses must have been completed in Fall 2012 or later, with a grade of “C” or better.
Unofficial Prerequisite Worksheet
Pacific University offers an optional service for candidates who would like their academic history reviewed. Use the MSAT Unofficial Prerequisite Worksheet to help determine which prerequisites are fulfilled and which courses you may still need to complete for the Athletic Training program.
Completed worksheets can be submitted via email, fax, or postal mail.