Athletic Training Program Admissions
- A complete program application. Applications will be reviewed from January to April.
- Official transcripts from every institution attended
- Last 45 credits GPA must be 2.75, 3.0 recommended
- Minimum of 50 hours of work, volunteering and/or observation with an ATC
- Essay and written one page question
- Two letters of recommendation from:
- a certified athletic trainer (ATC)
- a second recommender who knows you well (ATC, employer, professor, etc.)
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 (U.S.) must be paid at the time you submit your application
All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to enrollment with a grade of C or higher. It is possible to apply with one or more prerequisite courses still in-progress
Biological Science - 8 semester hours
Human Anatomy, with lab
Human Physiology, with lab
Exercise Science - 12 semester hours
Nutrition or Health & Wellness
Psychology - 4 semester hours
General Psychology or Sport Psychology
Statistics - 4 semester hours
General Statistics or Behavioral Statistics or Social Statistics
Conversion of Credits (semester credits vs. quarter credits)
All quarter credits must be converted into semester credits
- Quarter credits/1.5 = semester credits
- 1 semester credit = .67 quarter credits
- 5 quarter credits = 3.33 semester credits
7 Year Science/Statistics requirement
All science and Statistics coursework must have been completed within 7 years of the intended year of entry. For applicants applying for the Fall 2017 start term, prerequisite courses must have been completed in Fall 2010 or later, with a grade of “C” or better.
Unofficial Prerequisite Worksheet
Pacific University offers an optional service for candidates who would like their academic history reviewed. Use the MSAT Unofficial Prerequisite Worksheet to help determine which prerequisites are fulfilled and which courses you may still need to complete for the Athletic Training program.
Completed worksheets can be submitted via email, fax, or postal mail.