Share Your Memories & Music
We invite NHOH parents and alumni to share their memories and music as we plan a special virtual Ho‘omau Celebration on May 1, 2021.
Alumni and Parents
Record yourself or ask someone to video you while you answer two or three of the following questions. Submissions are due March 15. (Find video tips and guidelines below.)
- Describe NHOH in one word.
- What did you gain from being an NHOH member, and how are you using this to help or guide you in your life after college?
- How did you help with or participate in Lū‘au/Hō‘ike? What friendships, bonds and/or memories did you make through this?
- What was your favorite part about Lū‘au/Hō‘ike (preparation, performances, food, etc.)?
- Do you have any appropriate favorite memories, crack-up laugh stories, or special moments that you made at any of our NHOH events that you would like to share?
If you have any photos you would like to share, please label the file with your name and graduation year, and we may include it in our collage for the virtual event. Please be sure that all photos are appropriate and clear.
We would love for you to also join in this celebration by sharing a song of your choice that reminds you of the good times you had in NHOH. Submissions are due March 15. (Find video tips and guidelines below.)
Video Tips & Guidelines
- Make sure there's plenty of light on your face
- Make sure you are recording horizontally
- Make sure the mic is close to the speaker/singer/instrument
- Use a tripod or steady-cam device to avoid shaky footage
- Find more tips and tricks here