PharmD MHA Joint Degree
Joint Degree Features | Doctor of Pharmacy & Master of Healthcare Administration
The Pacific University School of Pharmacy and School of Healthcare Administration and Leadership are proud to offer a joint degree program that allows students in the PharmD program to apply and simultaneously enroll for the MHA degree. The PharmD/MHA program is designed to prepare pharmacists for careers that require expertise in both pharmacy and business theories and principles. The program is directed toward providing didactic and experiential education to students that will allow them to: (1) understand the major administrative functions in organizations delivering pharmaceutical products and care to patients; and (2) design strategies and policies to cope with the evolving health care environment. Supplemental projects will aid in developing administrative, research, and analytical skills, in addition to improving the student’s understanding of pharmacy practice and administration in health-systems. The program is designed to take advantage of efficiencies in both the PharmD and MHA programs. With careful planning, and hard work, dedicated students enrolled in the joint degree program may complete requirements of both degree programs in three years.
The deadline to apply for the MHA program this application cycle for Pharmacy students is November 24, 2017.
MHA Program Features
- Faculty who are working professionals in the field
- Building essential leadership skills
- Executive format for working professionals
- Mentor program with faculty and healthcare professionals
- Location in Hillsboro (adjacent to MAX)
- Intimate class size, which nurtures student-faculty interaction
- Exposure to Pacific University’s other health professions programs
Benefits of the Joint Degree (PharmD/MHA)
- 50% off of Tuition for the MHA program
- 15 PharmD credits applied to MHA
- Application fee waived
- Deposit fee waived
- Opportunity to apply for a scholarship to attend The American College of Healthcare Executives Conference in Chicago, Illinois
- See Pacific's academic catalog (p. 456, pdf) for more information.
Timeline for Joint Degree Completion*
|Fall P2 year||Apply to the MHA program|
|Throughout P3 year||
Complete MHA courses in P3 year. Classes take place on 14 weekends (Friday evenings and all day Saturday) on Pacific's Hillsboro campus.
|May of P3 year||Graduate from School of Pharmacy with PharmD|
|Summer after PharmD graduation||Complete MHA Field Research Project|
|August after completion of PharmD||Graduate from School of Healthcare Administration and Leadership with MHA|
*Requirements for the joint degree may be completed by July 1 to allow candidates to accept a PGY1 pharmacy residency. To learn more about what to anticipate as a joint degree student, see Schedule.
Contact | PharmD MHA Joint Degree
David G. Fuentes | Assistant Dean for Academics and Assessment, School of Pharmacy
503-352-7285 | firstname.lastname@example.org