Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) Residency Program | Community Pharmacy
The purpose of the community pharmacy residency program at the Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center and Pacific University School of Pharmacy, in collaboration with Tuality Healthcare, is to prepare pharmacists who are passionate about working with underserved populations to acquire the skills necessary to practice within community pharmacy and primary care settings. This program offers the opportunity for a pharmacist to:
- Provide direct patient care in ambulatory and inpatient settings, participate in team based health care, and develop clinical pharmacy services in a patient-centered primary care home;
- Serve as an educator of patients and health care providers, as well as instruct and precept pharmacy students in various settings;
- Gain the skills and experience needed to operate and manage a community pharmacy;
- Facilitate interrelationships between, and within, the healthcare systems in our community to deliver high quality, culturally appropriate care and to improve patient transitions between care settings.
Please see our wiki website for additional program details.
- The standard PhORCAS required elements. Only the standardized PhORCAS reference form is required. At least one reference writer should be able to speak to the applicant's patient care skills. Personalized letters of recommendation are not requested.
- Supplemental application essay document (total length of document for all three questions limited to 1 page).
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Pharm.D. or BS.Pharm. with equivalent experience
- Graduate of an US ACPE-Accredited pharmacy program
- Preference will be given to applicants that are fluent enough in Spanish to interview patients
- Candidates on a Visa must already be authorized to work in the US through July 2018
- Must pass a criminal background check and OIG-LEIE and SAM review