Undergraduate classes will move online by Wednesday. Campus facilities to close.
COVID-19 Response & Planning
Pacific University is committed to the wellbeing of our students and employees, as well as our community at large. We are dedicated to ensuring the continued educational progress and success of our students while also doing our part to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Inclusion & Respect
Pacific University is a welcoming community committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace facts and reject stigma and discrimination. It is important to know that:
- COVID-19 does not discriminate based on race, nationality or ethnicity — and neither does Pacific.
- Wearing a mask does not mean a person is ill.
- You can interrupt stigma by sharing accurate information.
- Speak up if you hear, see or read misinformation or witness or experience harassment or discrimination.
- As always, you may report concerns of discrimination to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at 503-352-1457, email@example.com or online.
This is an unprecedented time for everyone, and the COVID Response Team is here to help. The COVID Response Team is a group of student workers eager and willing to help with the various campus needs related to COVID-19. Students are dispersed on university campuses and at times studying remotely.
On Friday, Oregon announced an upcoming two-week “pause” on social activities for several counties experiencing high rates of COVID-19 infection. Though the Pacific University community has done an excellent job of controlling the spread of COVID-19 among our students and employees, the high rates in our surrounding communities and the upcoming holiday season make diligence all the more important. Starting this week, Pacific will make proactive adjustments to follow the guidance associated with the “pause.” Because our procedures are already stringent, these adjustments should not have significant impact on campus activities.