Eligible Pacific students will receive a $400 payment. Payments will be distributed on a rolling basis starting May 29.
Pacific University is committed to the wellbeing of our students and employees, as well as our community at large. We are dedicated to ensuring the continued educational progress and success of our students while also doing our part to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are working closely with public health agencies, as well as our academic governing bodies, to move toward a safe reopening of our campuses in the coming weeks and months. We will continue to follow the regulations set forth by the state of Oregon in partnership with the Oregon Health Authority and the Higher Education Coordinating Committee.
Our academic programs — whether they start in May, August or in between — are moving forward. We will continue to provide our rigorous, personally meaningful academic programs in the arts & sciences, business, education, health professions, and optometry, even if they look a little different this year.
Our guiding principles as we work toward a complete reopening are:
- Protecting the safety and health of our students, employees and surrounding communities
- Delivering the Pacific quality education that inspires students who think, care, create, and pursue justice in a global community
Pacific serves nearly 4,000 students with undergraduate, graduate and professional programs across four campuses — in three different Oregon counties. The implementation of our reopening plans may vary by program and location. We will continue to provide regular updates as these plans progress.
- Core adjustments university-wide include:
- Smaller classes or larger classroom spaces to accommodate physical distancing
- Some remote delivery of courses as needed
- Restrictions on gatherings in common areas
- Adjustments to housing and dining operations
- Enhanced cleaning processes
- Possible health monitoring and mask-wearing in campus facilities
- “Returning to Campus During COVID-19” training for all students and employees
In the two months since the COVID-19 pandemic transformed our daily ways of life, Pacific University has made significant adaptations in the ways we teach, learn, work and live. I know that, for many of you, questions about the future of your education loom large. I assure you, Pacific will be here for you, delivering the quality education you have come to expect and helping you move forward in your path to the future.
Pacific University is committed to offering our rigorous and personally meaningful academic programs for students this fall. As Oregon prepares to gradually reopen in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing Gov. Brown’s plan by exploring every option to ensure that our students experience a Pacific education while staying safe and healthy.