Academic & Clinical Programs | COVID-19
Pacific University continues to provide its rigorous and personally meaningful educational opportunities through this time of crisis.
In mid-spring 2020, coursework largely moved to online delivery to accommodate Oregon’s Stay Home, Save Lives orders. As Oregon gradually moves into a phased reopening of public life, Pacific is working to transition its academic and clinical programs accordingly.
We will continue to follow the guidelines of the state of Oregon, the Oregon Health Authority, and the Higher Education Coordinating Committee as we take steps to move forward. Because Pacific serves students on four campuses in three different Oregon counties, as well as patients at clinic sites throughout the greater Portland area, our practices may vary by program and location. Please see additional details specific to each program.
Overall, academic and clinical programs are proceeding as follows:
- At present, the majority of courses are online only, with extremely limited in-person meetings to conduct healthcare program assessments that cannot be accomplished via distance delivery.
- As we move into Phase I and Phase II, courses will return to in-person delivery, with physical distancing adjustments, including smaller class sizes or larger classroom spaces, as well as blended in-person and online instruction.
- All students and employees will be required to complete a training module and agree to abide by requirements for on-campus participation.
- Gatherings in common spaces will be limited.
- Traffic flow in buildings may be adjusted to accommodate physical distancing.
- International travel, including for study abroad through Fall 2020, and international clinical placements through September, is canceled.