COVID-19 Response Teams
University leadership, faculty and staff are working diligently on comprehensive plans through a wide variety of task forces and planning groups.
In all we do, we are guided by the following principles:
- Follow the guidance of the Oregon Health Authority, Higher Education Coordinating Commission and U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for conduct of in-person instruction, residential and research activities.
- Reduce potential exposure to the novel coronavirus and other respiratory pathogens through:
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Cohort activities
- Protective equipment
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Isolation or quarantine or sick or exposed individuals as needed
- Recognizing outdoor activities are safer than indoor activities
- Adjust delivery of academic content as appropriate for each program within a school or college.
- Apply an equity lens to ensure success for all constituents.
- With empathy, compassion and an eye toward successful outcomes, utilize available options to provide a flexible working and learning environment.