Preventive measures are not 100% effective, but they are more effective when used comprehensively.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet between individuals.
- Rearrange furniture to maintain distance between individuals and to minimize room occupancy. This will include rearrangement of classrooms and use of larger spaces for classes.
- Clear plastic barriers will be installed at reception desks or in situations where people must interact face-to-face.
- Minimize use of high-touch surfaces. Public restroom doors will be propped open to avoid multiple touches. People will be asked to use paper towels instead of hand driers that blow air.
- Avoid areas of congestion. Building entries/exits and pathways on campus may be modified to discourage crowding.
- People will be assigned to working groups or cohorts that share closer proximity every day and/or work the same schedule or shift. This may include students in cohort-based academic programs, students in residence hall units, or employees in specific offices or units.