Personal Hygiene Measures
Preventive measures are not 100% effective, but they are more effective when used comprehensively.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Watch how:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. See why:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that you frequently touch.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.