The Social Work Club is open to all students at Pacific University, regardless of major! To join the Social Work Club, please contact the club co-presidents, Carmel Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kayla Swart (email@example.com)..
The current activities of the Social Work Club include the following.
- Organizing service learning projects with local social service organizations
- Building awareness about important social problems such as child abuse, neglect and exploitation, poverty and homelessness, lack of health care and mental health services, violence in our families and communities, discrimination, human rights violations, providing services and support to older adults, immigrants and refugees, and inequalities in our public schools
- Providing opportunities for social work students (and other like-minded students) to socialize with each other
- Increasing the visibility of the social work program on campus and educating others about the social work profession
- Bringing speakers and other special events to Pacific University