Learning Outcomes | Environmental Biology
After Pacific | Our students are well-prepared for careers or graduate studies in the biological sciences. Many pursue graduate studies or find jobs in consulting, restoration and government.
Student Learning Outcomes
A student completing a major in Environmental Biology shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply the scientific method and quantitative techniques to describe, monitor and understand environmental systems.
- Use interdisciplinary approaches such as ecology, economics, ethics and policy to devise solutions to environmental problems.
- Be proficient in ecological field methods such as wildlife survey, biodiversity assessment, mathematical modeling and monitoring of ecological systems.
- Use technology, such as geographical information systems and computer programming, to assist in problem solving.
- Effectively understand and convey scientific material from peer-reviewed sources.