Specific courses are not required for the Master in Social Work Program. However, ideally, applicants will have completed a minimum or two courses from each of the following categories:
- Natural science and mathematics
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Humanities and arts
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (Contact admissions if this is a concern)
- Demonstrated English language proficiency is required of all applicants whose first language is not English
- Ability to successfully pass a background check upon admission
- GRE scores are not required
Candidates may apply to the master of social work program by submitting the following:
- Pacific University MSW application
- $55 application fee
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university attended
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution evidenced by an official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from people who can attest to your ability to grow professionally in the program
Essay – 2-3 pages in length, double spaced with your full name and date on the first page addressing the following topic.
- Analyze a social problem that is of great concern to you and is relevant to the practice of social work. Discuss the key factors contributing to the social problem, and the current policies responding to the problem. Share ideas you have for how the problem may be addressed or prevented, and the leadership role(s) you might take as a social worker addressing the problem.
Applicants with a BSW degree will submit an additional essay with their Advanced Standing Application – 2-3 pages in length, double spaced, including your full name and date, addressing the following topic:
- Please describe how your BSW field placement or work in the field has prepared you for the level of work required for the MSW program.