2022 Holiday Break Housing
Holiday Break Housing is a privilege that is offered to assist current residential students (enrolled in Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 and/or Spring Semester 2023) who need to remain in on-campus housing during the time period that the residence halls are closed for Holiday Break.
- Holiday Break Housing operates from Thursday, December 15 at 10 a.m. through Sunday, January 1 at 12 p.m.
- Due to the university being closed and limited staff during this time period, Holiday Break housing may have limited capacity.
The following eligibility requirements must be met to be allowed to stay in the residence halls over the Holiday Break:
- Must reside in on-campus housing during Fall 2022 and be returning to housing for the Winter 2023 and/or Spring 2023 terms.
- Be in good conduct standing with the Student Conduct Office.
- Completed and submitted a Holiday Break Housing Application by the published deadline.
- Must be approved by the Housing Office via e-mail to remain in the residence halls over the Holiday Break.
- Eligible students who want to participate in Holiday Housing must contact the Housing Office to request the Holiday Break Housing Application be released to you (this includes Winter athletes) To request an application, submit a ticket using the Services Portal.
- The application must be completed and submitted before Friday, December 2 at 5 p.m. Requests to submit a late application are up to the discretion of the Director of Housing & Dining Services and may result in a $50 administrative fee that will be charged to the student account.
- No applications will be accepted after December 16 at 12 p.m.
- Students must contact the Housing Office to request to cancel their Holiday Housing submission. Submit a ticket in the Services Portal with your request.
- Cancelations received after Tuesday, December 6 will result in a $50 administrative fee that will be charged to the student account.
- Students who are approved to participate in Holiday Housing will be notified via their Pacific email address no later than Wednesday, December 7 at 5 p.m. This e-mail will include other helpful information.
- Students who are not approved to participate in Holiday Housing will be notified via their Pacific email address no later than Wednesday, December 7 at 5 p.m.
Important things to know:
- Holiday Housing Costs: There are no additional costs but Holiday Housing is limited.
- University Services: There are very limited services available over the Holiday break. University Offices are closed from December 22 – January 2 (re-open on January 3).
- Dining Services: There is limited or no meal service offered during the Holiday Break. If you have declining balance, you can use when service is offered or pay with cash or credit card. Note: The Cafe is closed the entire break.
- Holiday Housing Access: Those not approved to stay over break will not have access to their halls or apartment. If you are approved for holiday housing, your key card will work only for your hall.
- Guest Policy: Guests are limited in the residence halls over the Holiday Break. A guest is defined as any person that did not submit a Holiday Break Housing Application and gain approval. Only one guest will be permitted per person between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no overnight guests permitted during the Holiday Break). Guests also are expected to follow all university COVID-19 protocols, including those about vaccinations and testing.