Holiday Break Housing 2018 - To be updated in November 2019
Holiday Break Housing runs from December 13 at 10 a.m. through January 5 at noon. No applications will be accepted after December 14 at 12 noon.
Holiday Break Housing is a privilege that is offered to assist current residential students who need to remain in on-campus housing for all or part of the time period that the residence halls are closed (December 13 at 10 a.m. through January 5 at noon).
Due to the university being closed during this time period, Residence Life staff must be hired to remain on campus. Therefore Holiday Break Housing will be limited to 150 applicants, so we may plan staff accordingly.
The following requirements must be met to be allowed to stay in the residence halls over the Holiday Break:
- Resided in on-campus housing during Fall 2018.
- Be in good conduct standing with the Student Conduct Office.
- Completed a Holiday Break Housing Application by the published deadline.
- Approved by the Housing Office to remain in the residence halls over the Holiday Break.
- Students who want to request permission to stay during all or part of the Holiday Break, must be approved to do so through the Holiday Break Housing Application.
- Request the Holiday Break Housing Application be released to you by emailing the Housing Office.
- The deadline to submit a Holiday Break Housing Application is Monday, November 26 at 12 noon.
- Applications and or cancellation received between November 26 at noon - December 7 at 12 noon will result in a $50 late fee, if application is approved.
- Applications and or cancellation received between December 7 at noon - December 14 at 12 noon will result in a $100 late fee, if application is approved.
- No applications will be accepted after December 14 at 12 noon.
There is NO additional housing cost upfront for Holiday Housing. However, you could be responsible for a Conduct Fine of up to $500 (additional charges may apply per the Residence Hall Handbook). Fees for late application submission and cancellations may apply.
Conduct Fines of up to $500 may be assigned as sanctions resulting from violations of University policy. These would be instituted based on the severity and degree of each violation and by taking into account the student’s conduct record. Such penalties will be in addition to the costs of restitution deemed appropriate. Additionally, the Conduct Board may institute an administration fee for a sanction that involves the use of University resources, such as a course or meeting with University staff.
The Conduct Board may also impose other obligations in place of or in addition to fines. Fines are charged directly to the student’s University account. Failure to pay fines or fulfill other obligations may prevent registration and graduation and may provoke more serious penalties.
The Conduct Fines will only apply if concerns arise while a student remains for Holiday Break housing. Some examples of concerns are: violations of residence hall polices including but not limited to damage to University property (individual and group fines apply) and student conduct issues. You may be removed from Housing for the Holiday Break and/or the duration of the academic year at your expense.
Important Things to Know About Holiday Break Housing
- Students who are approved will be notified via their University email address no later than Friday, December 7 at 12 noon. This email will include further instructions and details regarding services during the break.
- If an approved application is canceled a fee will apply.
- No applications or cancellations will be accepted after Friday, December 14 at 12 noon.
- All cancellations requests must be emailed to the Housing Office prior to December 14 at 12 noon.
- Key cards will be activated for your assigned building only during the Holiday Break. Only the front doors of Clark, McCormick, and Walter will be accessible with key cards. All doors will be accessible in Burlingham, Gilbert, and Cascade with key cards.
- Vandervelden exterior apartment doors will be plugged unless occupant(s) have an approved Holiday Break Housing application on file.
- There are very limited services available over the Holiday Break. University Offices are closed from December 24 – January 1.
- There is limited meal service or no meal service offered during the Holiday Break. If you have declining balance you can use that when there is limited meal service or pay with cash or credit card.
- Guests are limited in the residence halls over the Holiday Break. A guest is defined as any person that did not submit a Holiday Break Housing Application and gain approval. Two guests will be permitted per person between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Application/cancellation (if application is approved) received between November 26 at 12 noon - December 7 at 12 noon will result in a $50 late fee.
- Application/cancellation (if application is approved) received between December 7 at 12 noon - December 14 at 12 noon will result in a $100 late fee.
- All cancellations requests must be emailed to the Housing Office. No cancellations accepted after December 14 at 12 noon.