Housing Lottery Additional Information | 2021
Want to Live off Campus Next Year, But Do Not Meet Eligibility
Residence Hall Eligibility Requirements
Missed Housing Lottery
Housing Wait List
Not Entering Housing Lottery – Report Change in Housing Status
Students that cancel their 2021-22 academic year housing assignment (selected during the Housing Lottery) must do so by notifying the Department of Housing in writing. Simply e-mail Housing and depending on the date the e-mail is received, your student account will be charged a cancellation fee based on the schedule below.
•Cancellation fees apply to all returning students who select a room in the Housing Lottery and then request to cancel it.
•Eligibility requirements to live off campus must be met before a cancellation request can be processed.
Cancellation fees will be as follows:
- cancel by May 31, 2021 — $100
- cancel between June 1 - June 30, 2021 — $200
- cancel between July 1 - July 31, 2021 — $300
- cancel August 1 – or later — $400
If you do not meet the university's eligibility requirements to live off campus, but want to live off campus for the 2021-22 academic year, you must complete a Residency Waiver Request form. The completed form and all necessary documents should be returned to the Housing Office at least two day prior to when the Residency Options Committee meets (see below).
The Residency Options Committee reviews requests the second Tuesday of March, April, June and July. The committee decision will be emailed to the applicant’s Pacific account within five business days of the date the committee convenes. The Residency Options Committee only grants exceptions when extenuating circumstances are deemed unusual for a college student.
Pacific University requires all students under 20 years old prior to the start of the Fall term (August 30, 2021) to live and board on-campus unless the student has fulfilled the university's two-year residency requirement.
McCormick Hall, Cascade Hall, or Walter Hall
These residence halls generally house students 19 years old and younger prior to the start of the Fall term, August 30, 2021, but older students can also reside in these halls.
Burlingham Hall or Gilbert Hall
These residence halls are for students that are 19 years old and older prior to the start of the Fall term, August 30, 2021, or have completed one year of the two-year Pacific University residency requirement.
This residence hall is for students that are 20 years old and older prior to the start of the Fall term, August 30, 2021, or have completed the two-year Pacific University residency requirement.
Missed Housing Lottery
Returning students who choose not to participate in the Housing Lottery process or missed their lottery selection appointment and desire housing for the 2021-22 academic year, will participate in a different housing assignment process. Contact Housing for details.
If you did not select your preferred room during your Housing Lottery appointment, the wait list gives you the opportunity to be considered for future vacancies in the residence halls.
- To be eligible for the Housing Wait List, you must have participated in the Housing Lottery by having selected a room during your room selection appointment.
- The Housing Wait List form is a downloadable here. The Housing Office can assist you with the form. We offer a variety of Virtual office hours.
- The Housing Office will accept the completed form between May 1 - May 12, 2021 at noon.
- All wait list forms will be prioritized according to appropriate lottery ranking.
- You may rank up to three housing choices but will automatically be placed in the first room that becomes available.
- If you submitted a Housing Wait List form and wish to cancel it, you must email the Housing Office before your request is processed. Forms are processed throughout the summer.
- All unprocessed wait list applications are null and void once housing check-in begins on Saturday, August 28, 2021.
- The Housing Office may suspend consideration of wait list applications at any time should circumstances warrant.
If you are planning NOT to reside in university housing for the 2021-22 academic year because you are graduating, studying abroad, eligible to live off campus, not returning to Pacific, or you do not meet the University's eligibility requirements to live off campus and are seeking a residency waiver, you are encouraged to notify the Housing Office by May 12, 2021.
Pacific University requires all students under 20 years old prior to the start of the fall term to live and board on-campus unless the student has fulfilled the university's two-year residency requirement.
Housing Office Hours
If you have questions, be sure to read the Housing Lottery webpages. These pages include lots of information that will help answer most questions.
Due to the number of inquiries we receive and the complex nature of most questions, it is more efficient and understandable to answer questions virtually. Therefore we request that questions are posed to us during our Virtual Office Hours and not via e-mail.
You may connect with a Housing staff member during designated Virtual Office Hours listed below:
Monday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Thursday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. & 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.