Housing Lottery Steps | 2021
There are the two steps that must to be completed by the published deadlines to secure a room during the Housing Lottery.
Application released: March 17
Deadline to submit application: April 1 by 4 p.m.
All residential students will receive an e-mail on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, with instructions to submit your Housing Lottery application in Residence. Once you are logged into your Residence account you will click the "Get Started" box for your 2021-22 Returning Student Housing Lottery Application and begin Step 1a of the process. The deadline to complete and submit your housing lottery application is Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 4 p.m.
On the lottery application you will need to select which lottery you are entering based on your eligibility. If you plan on forming a roommate group proceed to Step 1b and be sure all roommate group members select the same Lottery (1 or 2) and meet the required eligibility for that lottery.
- Lottery 1 | Vandervelden Court (Must be 20 years old by the first day of Fall 2021 classes, August 30, or have completed the two-year Pacific University residency requirement.)
- Lottery 2 | Cascade, McCormick, Walter, Burlingham, Gilbert (To be eligible for Burlingham & Gilbert you must be 19 years old by the first day of Fall 2021 classes, August 30, or have completed one year of the two-year Pacific University residency requirement.)
All roommates must submit a Housing Lottery application and have it approved by the Housing Office before a roommate group can be formed. Groups are encouraged to complete this step (1b) by Thursday, April 1, 2021, by 4 p.m.
- Submit your Housing Lottery Application and wait for it to be approved. Housing approves applications periodically throughout the day (Monday - Friday).
- Determine your roommates and designate a Group Leader.
- All members of the roommate group must have selected the same Lottery on their approved application and meet eligibility for the selected lottery.
- Share your roommate code with the designated Group Leader. Roommate code can be found on the top right of your Residence homepage.
- The Group Leader will form the group by logging in to Residence.
- The Group Leader will click on the "Roommates" tab on their homepage.
- The Group Leader will choose the 2021-22 term from the dropdown menu.
- The Group Leader will click the box that says "Find Someone You Know".
- The Group Leader will enter the roommate code for each roommate in the designated box and click the "send invite" tab for each roommate. An invitation is sent to all of the roommates via their Residence account.
- All roommates must login to their Residence account and "accept" the invitation.
- On your Residence homepage click on your Messages tab (located in the upper right corner, looks like an envelope, next to your roommate code)
- Click on the Roommate Request Notification in the dropdown box
- Click Accept
- Send acceptance email
- Once all roommates have accepted their invitation the roommate group is activated.
The group leader has the responsibility of adding and removing members to/from the roommate group. They also have the ability to promote another member to be the group leader. When the current leader promotes another to be leader they hand over all of their rights to the new group leader to add/remove/promote members. In Residence when you place the mouse over a group member's name a circle with an “x” in it as well as an arrow facing up will appear. If the “x” is clicked, it will remove a member from the group, or if the arrow is clicked it promotes that member to be the new group leader.
Group members who are not the group leader have the ability to view the other members of the group. While they do not have the ability to remove another member from the group they do have the ability to remove themselves if needed.
- All room selections will be done online through your Residence account, whether you are selecting as an individual or as part of a roommate group.
- If you are a member of a roommate group, your group leader will make the room selection for your group.
- Each individual or group selecting a room, receives one room selection appointment. Once a room is selected no changes can be made during the Housing Lottery. If you did not get your preferred room, requests can be made for the desired room type through the Housing Wait List process.
- The housing lottery feature in Residence may be shut down for maintenance from 8 to 9:30 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. on the following dates: April 7-26 (excludes weekends).
Your housing lottery ranking is determined based on academic credits earned toward graduation at Pacific University. If more than one student has the same number of credits the software program will also factor in the date of the student's enrollment deposit to the university. (GPA, grades, and group size are not a factor in this determination).
- All Lottery participants will be issued an individual room selection appointment. However, if you are part of a roommate group, the appointment for the group will be determined based on the person in the group with the highest academic credits earned towards graduation at Pacific University (thus the earliest selection appointment time).
- If you form a roommate group and the group breaks up before selecting a room, you have two options:
- You may use your individual room selection appointment and select a room as an individual.
- You may form a new roommate group and the new group will use the appointment of the person in the group with the highest academic credits earned toward graduation at Pacific University (thus the earliest selection appointment time).
- If the group leader removes someone from the group or a member removes themselves and then they try to re-join the group, the software will not allow it. Please contact the Housing Office for assistance.
- Room selection appointments can be viewed by clicking on the "Room Selection" tab on student's Residence homepage.