Room Change Procedures
February 11 - March 13
How to Apply for a Room Change
To learn how to apply for a room change please read the Room Change process information (pdf) before moving forward with your room change request.
The Room Change Request Form (pdf) may be downloaded and turned into the Housing Office (located in Clark Hall) between Monday, February 11 at 9 a.m. and Wednesday, March 13 at 12 p.m. noon (excludes weekends). The request form requires that you gather your current roommate and proposed roommates signatures. This is to show acknowledgment that they are aware you are moving out and/or moving in. The form must be completed in full to be processed by the Housing Office. If you experience any difficulty obtaining the required signatures, please inform inform the Housing Office. The Housing Office if needed, can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48 hours' notice.
- The rooms listed below are available to choose from. Be sure you are age eligible for the building you are requesting by reviewing the age requirements. If you are interested in gender inclusive housing, please inquire with the Housing Office.
- To find out the names and gender of the current occupants, please contact the Housing Office or Jared Begg for Walter, McCormick and Burlingham Hall, Andra Dennis for Cascade, Clark and Gilbert Hall and Natona Derleth for Vandervelden Court. You can also stop by the Housing Office during office hours.
- For room rate information, please view the 2018-19 campus housing rates.
Monday | 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday | 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesday | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Thursday | 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Friday | 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Available rooms are updated during the room change period only. Note: Entire empty 4-person units (Burlingham, Gilbert, Vandervelden, McCormick) must be filled with at least three people.
Room Type Key:
Sgl 4-person Apt = Single bedroom in a 4-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)
Sgl 6-person Apt = Single bedroom in a 6-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)
Dbl 4-person Apt = Double bedroom in a 4-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)
Dbl 6-person Apt = Double bedroom in a 6-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)
Dbl 3-person Suite = Double bedroom in a 3-person suite (full meal plan required)
Dbl 4-person Suite = Double bedroom in a 4-person suite (full meal plan required)
|Residence Hall||Room #||Room Type||Space Available|
|Burlingham||103C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Burlingham||104A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Burlingham||104C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Burlingham||106D||Dbl 6-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||208A||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||208B||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||209A||Dbl 3-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||211A||Dbl 4-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Burlingham||211B||Dbl 4-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Burlingham||308A||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||308B||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||309A||Dbl 3-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Burlingham||310C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Burlingham||406C||Dbl 6-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Burlingham||409A||Dbl 3-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Cascade||103||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||110||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||112||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||113||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||207||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||219||Deluxe Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||222||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||227||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||231||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||302||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||306B||Quad Suite||1 of 2|
|Cascade||307||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||314A||Quad Suite||1 of 2|
|Cascade||314B||Quad Suite||1 of 2|
|Cascade||317||Double||2 of 2|
|Cascade||319||Deluxe Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||325||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||326||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||327||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||328||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||401||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||404||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||413||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||414B||Quad Suite||1 of 2|
|Cascade||424||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||427||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||428||Double||1 of 2|
|Cascade||430||Double||1 of 2|
|Clark||101||Double||1 of 2|
|Clark||112||Double||1 of 2|
|Clark||208||Quad||1 of 4|
|Clark||212||Double||1 of 2|
|Clark||213||Double||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||101A||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||106C||Dbl 6-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||106D||Dbl 6-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||107A||Dbl 3-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||201B||Dbl 4-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Gilbert||205D||Sgl 6-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Gilbert||207A||Dbl 3-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||301B||Dbl 4-person Suite||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||303A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Gilbert||307A||Dbl 3-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Gilbert||309A||Dbl 4-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||402A||Dbl 4-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Gilbert||402B||Dbl 4-person Suite||2 of 2|
|Gilbert||405A||Dbl 6-person Apt||1 of 2|
|Gilbert||407A||Dbl 3-person Suite||2 of 2|
|McCormick||116||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||207||Quad Suite||1 of 4|
|McCormick||210||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||213||Single Suite||1 of 1|
|McCormick||216||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||217||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||301||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||309||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||313||Double Suite||2 of 2|
|McCormick||109||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||319||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||320||Double Suite||1 of 2|
|McCormick||322||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||326||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||407||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||417||Double||1 of 2|
|McCormick||419||Double||1 of 2|
|Vandervelden||113B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||122C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||122D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||133A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||133B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||141C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||212D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||213B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||213C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||213D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||222D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||223C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||223D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||233A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||233B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||233C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||233D||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||241A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||241B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||242A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||242B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||243B||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||312A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||333A||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Vandervelden||343C||Sgl 4-person Apt||1 of 1|
|Walter||102||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||118||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||119||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||121||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||122||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||125||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||130||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||131||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||137||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||143||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||201||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||202||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||208||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||210||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||213||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||215||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||216||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||221||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||232||Double||2 of 2|
|Walter||233||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||234||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||237||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||243||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||304||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||314||Double||2 of 2|
|Walter||341||Double||1 of 2|
|Walter||342||Double||1 of 2|
1. What do I do if I am asked to sign a room change form?
If you are asked to sign a room change form, here are some suggestions:
- "Let's talk to see if we're compatible." If you are compatible, sign the form. If you are not, let the Housing Office know.
- If you have already signed a form for someone else, it's okay to let them know that. It's not necessary to sign more than one form because those with signed forms anticipate they are going to get approved to change rooms.
- If you anticipate a friend who is a current student moving in with you during the room change period, you can let the person asking about the vacancy know that.
Keep in mind, it is not okay to ignore or just to say no to requests. If students experience difficulty obtaining signatures, the Housing Office can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48 hours' notice.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact the Housing Office.
2. What does it mean to sign a room change form?
Signing a room change form shows acknowledgement that a roommate is either moving out or a new roommate is moving in.
3. What happens if I have a vacant bed in my room or my roommate moves out?
If you have or get a vacant bed in your room or unit, here are some options during the room change period:
- You can have a friend request the vacancy by having them complete a room change form.
- You may have students looking for a new room ask you about moving in. If that happens, we encourage you to engage in conversation with them to explore if it would be a good roommate match. If it’s a good fit, sign the form. If it is not, let the Housing Office know. Please be sure to sign only one room change form showing your acknowledgment that they may be moving in. If you have other students inquire about the vacancy after you have signed a form, just let them know you have already signed someone's room change request form.
- If you reside in a standard double or quad in McCormick, Cascade, Clark, or Walter and you do not have a roommate or anticipate your roommate leaving, you can inquire with the Housing Office about obtaining your room as a double/single at a higher room rate.
Please know if students looking for rooms experience difficulty obtaining signatures, the Housing Office can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48 hours’ notice of move-in. Therefore, if you are contacted it is in your best interest to meet with the student as soon as possible to discuss the room change possibility.
4. What do I do if I don’t know where I want to live but I need a room change?
During the Room Change Period a list of the available rooms is posted on the Housing webpage. To protect student's privacy the names of the current occupants are not listed. If you need this information or other assistance we encourage you to visit the Housing Office during the posted office hours.
5. If my roommate moves out, can I pay extra, so I don’t get another roommate?
If you reside in a standard double or quad in McCormick, Cascade, Clark, or Walter, you can inquire with the Housing Office about obtaining your room as a double/single at a higher room rate.
6. If my roommate moves out, do I have to pay extra?
No, you do not have to pay extra for your room if your roommate moves out. However, students can be assigned to housing vacancies at any time during the academic year.