Fall 2022 Room Change Period September 12–23 (Information below will be updated around September 1, 2022)

*** Disclaimer: Due to COVID, the Spring Room Change process will look different than what is outlined below. The Housing Office will e-mail all residential students on February 11 to explain the steps to follow to request a room change.

Process below not applicable for Spring 2022.


Spring Room Change Details

How to Apply for a Room Change

You will be notified via your Pacific email once information has been updated.

To learn how to apply for a room change please read the room change procedures information (pdf) and the DocuSign Room Change Request Form instructions before moving forward with your room change request. You can also read through the FAQs for more tips.

The DocuSign Room Change Request form may be accessed and submitted online between Monday, February 14 and Friday, February 25 at 12 p.m. Noon. The DocuSign form requires that you gather your proposed roommate(s) signatures, if applicable. This is to show acknowledgment that they are aware you are moving in. The form must be completed in full to be processed by the Housing Office. It is also encouraged that you let your current roommates know, if applicable that you are moving to another room.

If you experience any difficulty obtaining the required signatures, please inform the Housing Office. The Housing Office if needed, can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48-hour notice.

  • DocuSign forms completed in full and received by Wednesday at 12 p.m. Noon of each week will generally be processed the following Friday.
  • DocuSign forms received February 14 – 23 will be processed by credit hours with enrollment deposit date as the tiebreaker (mutual requests take precedence).
  • DocuSign forms received February 24 – 25 (12 p.m. Noon) will be processed on a first-come first-served basis.
  • The rooms listed below are available to choose from. Be sure you are age eligible for the building you are requesting by reviewing the age requirements. If you are interested in gender inclusive housing or gender neutral bathrooms please inquire with the Housing Office.
  • To find out the names and gender of the current occupants, please contact the Housing Office or Violet Benn for McCormick and Walter Halls, Andra Dennis for Cascade Hall and Vandervelden Court, and Natona Derleth for Gilbert and Burlingham Halls. You can also zoom the Housing Office during the virtual office hours
  • For room rate information, please view the 2021-22 campus housing rates.
  • FAQ

Student Virtual Offices Hours - Spring 2022

Monday | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday | 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. 
Wednesday | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Thursday | 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday | 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Available Room List 

Available rooms are updated during the official room change period only. Note: Entirely empty 4 or 6-person units/rooms (Burlingham, Gilbert, Vandervelden, McCormick) must be filled at 75% occupancy (three or four people, respectively.) Rare exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Director of Housing.

Room Type Key:

Sgl 4-person Apt = Single bedroom in a 4-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)

Sgl 6-person Apt = Single bedroom in a 6-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)

Dbl 4-person Apt = Double bedroom in a 4-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)

Dbl 6-person Apt = Double bedroom in a 6-person apartment (unit has a full kitchen/full meal plan not required)

Dbl 3-person Suite = Double bedroom in a 3-person suite (full meal plan required)

Dbl 4-person Suite = Double bedroom in a 4-person suite (full meal plan required)

Available room list will be updated on February 11 by 5pm

Residence Hall Room # Room Type Space Available

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What do I do if I am asked to sign a DocuSign Room Change Request Form?

If you are asked to sign a DocuSign Room Change Request form, here are some suggestions:

  • "Let's connect over Zoom or e-mail to see if we're compatible." If you are compatible, sign the DocuSign form. If you are not, let the Housing Office know.
  • If you have already signed a DocuSign form for someone else, it's okay to let them know that. It's not necessary to sign more than one DocuSign form because those with signed forms anticipate they are going to get approved to change rooms.
  • If you anticipate a friend who is a current student moving in with you during the room change period, you can let the person asking about the vacancy know that.

Keep in mind, it is not okay to ignore or just to say no to requests. If students experience difficulty obtaining signatures, the Housing Office can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48-hour notice.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact the Housing Office.

2. What does it mean to sign a DocuSign Room Change Request Form?

Signing a DocuSign Room Change Request form shows acknowledgement that a roommate is moving in.

3. What happens if I have a vacant bed in my room or my roommate moves out?

If you have or get a vacant bed in your room or unit, here are some options during the room change period:

  • You can have a friend request the vacancy by having them complete a DocuSign Room Change Request form.
  • You may have students looking for a new room ask you about moving in. If that happens, we encourage you to engage in conversation with them via Zoom or e-mail to explore if it would be a good roommate match. If it’s a good fit, sign the DocuSign Room Change Request form. If it is not, let the Housing Office know. Please be sure to sign only one DocuSign form showing your acknowledgment that they may be moving in. If you have other students inquire about the vacancy after you have signed a form, just let them know you have already signed someone's room change request form.
  • If you reside in a standard double or quad in McCormick, Cascade, or Walter and you do not have a roommate or anticipate your roommate leaving, you can e-mail Housing and let us know that you would like to buy-out your room as a single for the remainder of the fall and spring semesters for an additional charge. Please let us know by Tuesday, February 15 if you are interested in this option. After this date, we cannot guarantee it.

Please know if students looking for rooms experience difficulty obtaining signatures, the Housing Office can still make the assignment and give the new roommates 48-hour notice of move-in. Therefore, if you are contacted it is in your best interest to meet with the student as soon as possible to discuss the room change possibility.

4. What do I do if I don’t know where I want to live but I want a room change?

  • First, review the list of available rooms posted on the Housing website. Select a couple of room options that you are eligible to reside in. Then reach out to either the Housing Office or the Area Coordinator for your current residence hall to find out the names of the current occupant(s) for those rooms.
  • Read the DocuSign instructions and then access the online DocuSign Room Change Request Form. 
  • Set-up a Zoom or e-mail the occupant(s) you are interested in living with. Engage in a conversation with them to find out if it would be a good match. You essentially want to make sure this will be a good living environment for you.
  • Once you find a new room, get all the required signature(s) on your DocuSign Room Change Request form and submit it.

5. If my roommate moves out, can I pay extra, so I don’t get another roommate?

If you reside in a standard double or quad (excludes suites w/private bathrooms) in McCormick, Cascade or Walter, you can inquire with the Housing Office about obtaining your room as a double/single at a higher room rate.

6. If my roommate moves out, do I have to pay extra?

No, you do not have to pay extra for your room if your roommate moves out. However, students can be assigned to housing vacancies at any time during the academic year.