Apply to be a Residence Life Paraprofessional for 2019-2020
The following information is for new applicants interested in a Paraprofessional (Resident Assistant, Community Assistant or Vandervelden Assistant) position in Residence Life for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Review the 2019-2020 New Paraprofessional Information Packet (Google Doc) for complete application details. If you have difficulties viewing this document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet current paraprofessionals, learn more about the position(s) and selection process, and get your questions answered. Applicants are not required to attend, but in the past many have found the sessions helpful.
- Thursday January 31st 6:00pm in the Burlingham hall conference room
- Tuesday February 5th 6:00pm in the Burlingham hall conference room
If you live off-campus and need further details about the session location, please email email@example.com.
Application process at-a-glance
- The online 2019-2020 New Paraprofessional Application must be submitted no later than Friday, February 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. You are encouraged to prepare answers to essay questions (available in the information packet) prior to beginning the application. If you have difficulties accessing the online form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- Each Candidate must attend "Not Your Average Interview night" on Friday February 22 from 5:45p-8:30p in Burlingham Hall 108/109.
- This fun and relaxed interview night will include a social with current paraprofessionals, as well as, participation in 30 minutes of mini rotational interviews. In addition to the mini interviews, you are required to attend at least 30 minutes of the social occurring from 5:45p-8:30p. You will be assigned a start time for your mini interviews and can attend the social before or after your assigned time.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or conflict with this date.
- Individual interview invitations and interview sign-up information will be sent out February 26 or 27th.
- If invited, interviews will occur sometime between Monday March 4th and Friday March 8th.
- You will be contacted by email with hiring decisions around Tuesday, March 12.
- Candidates that accept their offer for hire, must attend the Paraprofessional Orientation on Sunday, March 17th 8am-5pm off campus.
Re-Apply as a Returning Residence Life Paraprofessional for 2019-2020
The following returner process is for individuals who have worked as a Paraprofessional (RA/CA/ VVC intern) in Residence Life during the 2018-2019 academic year and wish to re-apply for one or more positions for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Review the 2019-2020 Returning Paraprofessional Information Packet (Google Doc) for complete application details.
Re-Application process at-a-glance
Each returning paraprofessional applicant must submit the following by Wednesday January 9th at 5 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format unless otherwise specified:
- Presentation Topic Reservation
- Presentations will occur January 24th/25th at Mid-year training
- 20 minutes maximum (15 min presentation, 5 min Q/A)
- Completed Returning Paraprofessional 2019-2020 Application Form
- Sign-up for a Returning Paraprofessional Interview
- Be sure to sign up for the correct interview, Sr Paraprofessional (green) or Returning Paraprofessional (blue).
- Your updated résumé.
- You are highly encouraged to get your résumé individually reviewed with the CDC. Set up an appointment early!
- A cover letter addressing the following:
- What unique strengths do you bring to the paraprofessional positions?
- What role do you play on a paraprofessional team?
- You are highly encouraged to get your cover letter reviewed individually with the CDC. Set up an appointment early!
Hiring decisions will be communicated on or around February 4th.
All returning staff that accept their offer for hire, must attend the Paraprofessional Orientation on Sunday, March 17th (Tentative) 8am-5pm off campus. Senior Paraprofessionals may have an additional orientation in April or May.