Apply to be a Residence Life Paraprofessional for 2018-2019
The following information is for new applicants interested in a Paraprofessional (Resident Assistant, Community Assistant or Vandervelden Assistant) position in Residence Life for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Review the 2018-2019 New Paraprofessional Information Packet (Google Doc) for complete application details. If you have difficulties viewing this document, please contact email@example.com.
Application process at-a-glance
- The online 2018-2019 New Paraprofessional Application (Available NOW) must be submitted no later than Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. If you have difficulties accessing the online form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- Individual interview invitations and interview sign-up information will be sent out February 19th. If invited, interviews will occur sometime between Monday February 26th and Thursday March 1st.
- Candidates will be contacted by email with hiring decisions around Friday, March 9.
Re-Apply as a Returning Residence Life Paraprofessional for 2018-2019
The following returner process is for individuals who have worked as a Paraprofessional (RA/CA/ VVC intern) in Residence Life during the 2017-2018 academic year and wish to re-apply for one or more positions for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Review the 2018-2019 Returning Paraprofessional Information Packet (PDF)for complete application details
Re-Application process at-a-glance
Each returning paraprofessional applicant must submit the following by Friday January 19th at 5 pm to email@example.com in PDF format unless otherwise specified:
- Presentation Topic Reservation (due Friday January 12, 2018)
- Presentations will occur Thursday January 25th at Mid-year training
- 20 minutes maximum (15 min presentation, 5 min Q/A)
- Completed returning Paraprofessional 2018-19 Application Form
- If applying for SRA/SCA position, sign-up for a Senior Paraprofessional Interview
- Your updated résumé.
- Your résumé MUST be reviewed individually with the CDC. Set up an appointment early!
- You must send them a thank you email after your individual appointment. CC firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Career Development Center reviewed cover letter addressing the following:
- Why you are replying and how how are you going to stay motivated next year?
- How are you going to use your previous paraprofessional experience to lead other parapros?
- As a returning staff member, what do you want to role model for your peers?