Approximately 500 collections of manuscripts and archival records are kept in the Archives. Online access to our collections includes:
Online exhibits: thousands of selected images and documents from our collections, including:
Governor Atiyeh Collection
Forest Grove Indian School Collection
Historic Photographs of Pacific and Washington County (WCHO)
Boxer, Pacific's Mascot Collection
... and more
- Database of the Archives inventory: includes records describing near all the material kept in the Archives.
- Records of Pacific University and Tualatin Academy from its founding in 1849 to the present, including: original charters and other early records; minutes of the Board of Trustees and other committees; records of the President's Office, the Alumni Relations Office, the Library and the Professional Schools; financial, property and construction records; records of clubs, sports and events; and other material.
- Oregon pioneer documents, including two Oregon Trail diaries, sketches, diaries and correspondence, 1840-1860.
- Scrapbooks and photograph albums of Forest Grove residents and Pacific University alumni, from the late 19th century to the present.
- Papers and memorabilia of Oregon Governor Victor Atiyeh (served 1979-1987)
Nearly all the material in the Archives is open to the public for research purposes. Our Database includes descriptions of nearly all our holdings. To consult or obtain copies of the above items, please contact the Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific University Publications
A selected list of Pacific University Publications kept in the Archives:
- The Index, Pacific University's Student Newspaper. 1892-1995 bound, 1996-present loose.
- The Heart of Oak, Pacific University's Yearbook. 1894-1996.
- Pacific University Bulletin, Register and Catalog listing courses, degrees, faculty and student names and other information. 1863-1999.
- Pacific University People, or PUP, the student directory. Various years 1948-1985.
- Student handbooks: various years.
- The Pacific Review: various years (student submitted written work and art)
- Pacific Magazine and other Pacific University Alumni magazines, various years 1937-present.
- Pacific University Alumni Directory, 1983 and 1989.
- Pacific University Theses. Permanent copies are kept in the Archives; circulating copies can also be found in the main library collection.
The Archives also house research files on various topics related to Pacific University history, including notable alumni and faculty, buildings, and events. A comprehensive set of press clippings about Pacific University. See guide