Continuation in the Program
- Candidates must maintain good academic standing
- Candidates must maintain a 3.00 minimum GPA in all professional education and special education coursework with no grade lower than a C; a C- is not acceptable
- Candidates must pass all required coursework before student teaching
- Candidates must pass all tests required for licensure before student teaching
Requirements for Program Completion
- Candidates must complete all coursework with satisfactory grades
- Candidates must complete field experience, required practica, and full-time student teaching with a grade of Pass
- Candidates must complete requirements for two work samples. Requirements include preparation, assessment, teaching, and a satisfactory evaluation.
- Candidates must pass all applicable tests required by TSPC for licensure
When Luis Cisneros MAT ‘13 was a child, he worked with his family members in the fields and ditches around Nyssa, Ore., on the Idaho border. Now he’s overseeing other young people as dean of students at Nyssa Elementary School.